Play to a Windows 8 PC

O.f.f.r.o.a.d

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Just got my 64 GB Surface a couple of days ago and am totally in love with it so far.

This morning I started playing with the "Play to" feature : worked great with the XBox connected to the TV in the basement.

In my living room I have a Windows 8 HTPC that is really the entertainment hub of the whole house.

My question is : is this possible to "Play to" to a Windows 8 PC ? I'd LOVE to be able to play videos and other stuff I find on my RT straight to the big screen in the living room.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Just got my 64 GB Surface a couple of days ago and am totally in love with it so far.

This morning I started playing with the "Play to" feature : worked great with the XBox connected to the TV in the basement.

In my living room I have a Windows 8 HTPC that is really the entertainment hub of the whole house.

My question is : is this possible to "Play to" to a Windows 8 PC ? I'd LOVE to be able to play videos and other stuff I find on my RT straight to the big screen in the living room.

Well if it's a Windows 8 PC you can just play the file on the PC from the Surface RT across your network. Or move the file from the surface to the PC.

O.f.f.r.o.a.d

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Reading on the Web it seems that "play to" is limited to XBox 360 only.

That's a bit of a disappointment... there's just so much we can do with XBox, I'd rather use a full-fledged HTPC running Windows 8.

:dry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077