Surface RT from US, Warranty covered in UK?

farooknaji

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a friend travelling to New York next week and I'm thinking about asking for them to pick me up a Surface RT from the Microsoft Store, but i'd only do it if it would be covered by warranty here in the UK. Does anyone know if this would be the case?

I've looked at the Limited Warranty PDF. The PDF on the US Microsoft website states this warranty is only valid in the US, and the PDF on the UK Microsoft website states this warranty is only valid in the UK. Other than that, the warranty documents appear to be the same. I'm hoping it's the case that you can purchase from any country where the Surface is for sale through official channels and register the purchase on the website and you'll be covered by the warranty for that country.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

One more question, i can't believe MS don't let you choose the colour of the touch cover when you buy the bundle online. Does anyone know if you can choose the colour of the touch cover when you buy a bundle in a Microsoft Store?

lildrgn

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
You cannot choose the bundle color. The choices are as follows:

32gb Surface, no Touch Cover, $499.
32gb Surface with Black Touch Cover, $599.
64gb Surface with Black Touch Cover, $699.

If you want a different colored keyboard, either you'll have an extra black cover, or a 32gb Surface.

farooknaji

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
You cannot choose the bundle color. The choices are as follows:

32gb Surface, no Touch Cover, $499.
32gb Surface with Black Touch Cover, $599.
64gb Surface with Black Touch Cover, $699.

If you want a different colored keyboard, either you'll have an extra black cover, or a 32gb Surface.

Cheers! A bit disappointing though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb