Xbox Music App update is out!

Mandos

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I hadn't seen any updates on my Store tile today, so I went to the Windows Update and had it check for updates. After that was done when I returned to the Start Screen the Store tile had a notification for 2 updates. Went nto the Store Aoo and there was an update for Xbox Music and Fruit Ninja.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
i got mine last night, as others haven't tested it since im at work, but i really hope they fix the issue where when the screen goes into standby mode the start of the next song will stutter

im really liking their update schedule, it's fixing alot of the complaints we had within weeks, and i don't really have much to complain about anymore (more or less nitpicking, just to clarify though, i love this thing)

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I grabbed mine last night... I don't notice huge differences. But there were a few annoying bugs that its seems to have fixed, like it use to slow up and do funny things when I would choose tracks fast or switch shuffle on. So overall it seems more stable which is nice! Now we just need a few fixes with other apps like people where it doesn't sync all the time.. nice to see updates rolling out though!

SpraynardK

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
i got mine last night, as others haven't tested it since im at work, but i really hope they fix the issue where when the screen goes into standby mode the start of the next song will stutter

im really liking their update schedule, it's fixing alot of the complaints we had within weeks, and i don't really have much to complain about anymore (more or less nitpicking, just to clarify though, i love this thing)
Yes lots of stability/performance improvements, but most importantly they did fix the standby/sleep issue. The surface will now continue to play/stream music after the screen shuts off. Now it can be used like any other music playing device

sleepyking

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I might be late to the party but wow I really like Xbox Music!
you can pick your songs and or albums and play as you wish!
I don't mind the ads here and there at all but wow this thing is amazing.

ylksa

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
btw there is something annoying in Xbox Music app, if I want to play an album midway it doesn't work. For example if I play track 5 of an album it will only play that song and stops, so every time I have to play album then press next until track 5 for it to continue playing though the album.

Anyone know of a better way?

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling that Microsoft knew they were going to ship with a lot of bugs and already had this Music app fix in test on launch day. The rest of the the year will see them providing fixes to all the stock apps.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know the details about xBox Music Match? I've read Paul Thurrott's write up on it but I still have a lot of music that doesn't have the little cloud on the right side of an album. Even if I manually Match the album the cloud never shows up. Any ideas?

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
btw there is something annoying in Xbox Music app, if I want to play an album midway it doesn't work. For example if I play track 5 of an album it will only play that song and stops, so every time I have to play album then press next until track 5 for it to continue playing though the album.

Anyone know of a better way?

i just tried, there is a few ways i think (im at work so didn't really test these out)

u can play the whole album then goto the play list and skip to the one u want to start with

or u can select a list of songs by holding down on the song and swipe left to make the selection, then there is an option to add to play list or play them

there might be other things you can do, but i haven't tried yet (i like the zune way, i guess they might implement that later if enough ppl demad it)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon