Compatible USB Cellular Modems?

avooca

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I have an ATT "USBConnect Mercury" and a Verizon/Pantec UML290VW-G but neither work. Also, I looked through the compatibility website and none of the listed devices are compatible with RT.

Windows Compatibility Center: Find Updates, Drivers, & Downloads for Windows 8, Windows RT and Windows 7

Everyone was saying "who cares that it doesn't have a cellular modem embedded, we can use a USB stick" but I'm 0/2 making that work.

Has anyone gotten any modem to work? (tethering isn't a solution for me - buying another modem is acceptable though!)

Thanks!

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Not really sure this is helpful but I did ask a tech at the Microsoft store about this when I was in there on Sunday and he said that he was pretty sure that none were compatible yet but that in future updates some of the new models would be supported.

avooca

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Not really sure this is helpful but I did ask a tech at the Microsoft store about this when I was in there on Sunday and he said that he was pretty sure that none were compatible yet but that in future updates some of the new models would be supported.

Thanks Bacchus - I'll ask them in person as well and see if I can get the same info. I am pretty surprised generic NDIS drivers aren't installed since most every USB modem supports it. I'm pretty sure Microsoft came up with that type of network interface so it's a bit baffling.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720