Just me or Notifications not working?

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't know If i don't have it set up right or if the functionality just isn't there yet but wanted some feedback to see if I'm doing something wrong. I like when I get the nice notification bar on the side and the sound when for instance and app has installed or I have gotten a score in a game. But for things like calendar and email I don't get anything! I really would like it to have the bar come out every time I get an email or anything that I want to have notifications....

Mile#WP

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't know If i don't have it set up right or if the functionality just isn't there yet but wanted some feedback to see if I'm doing something wrong. I like when I get the nice notification bar on the side and the sound when for instance and app has installed or I have gotten a score in a game. But for things like calendar and email I don't get anything! I really would like it to have the bar come out every time I get an email or anything that I want to have notifications....

Today, it was on my desk in sleep mode and an appt in my calendar kicked off on my phone and a second later I heard the alert come from the Surface as well (horrible noise when it's sleeping and the touch cover is closed, btw - which I saw on Microsoft forums that it's been identified as a bug). Anyway, I turned on the Surface and didn't see any alert. I found that very strange that there wouldn't also be a visual to acknowledge.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

My mail icon gets a number in the corner of the tile when I get new mail. I don't know of any way to get a popup notification when the app isn't running.

mrbjfunk

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
For email, go into the mail app, then settings, accounts, pick the account you want. you will see a switch for turning on mail notifications for that account. Worked with my gmail account.

eimoaotl

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Works well for me as well with Gmail. Why it is not turned on by default is not clear to me.

One other tip I just figured out that others may not have yet: when in the email app you can swipe emails to select multiple emails to delete etc. Nice shortcut to mo ung, deleting, etc.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
btw, if your notifications completely stop, reboot. It has happened to me about 3 times since i've had it; hoping for an update/fix

DougB541#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Good tip on the mail app. Much prefer a notification and have also enabled it on my desktop. I find i check my mail at home on my computer far more often when i get a new email notification.

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I think he means if you go to the Desktop, then edit your power plan settings (go to advanced power settings), you can change when you get notified based on battery level.

if I change the bottom numbers I'll get a low battery notification?
6pjIM.jpg

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
For email, go into the mail app, then settings, accounts, pick the account you want. you will see a switch for turning on mail notifications for that account. Worked with my gmail account.

thanks a lot for this.. I just figured this out by myself and was so proud that I got it all up and running, so I come back to this thread to tell everyone and read your reply.. Major head palm. I actually read your post along time ago and have no idea why I thought that I had done this already but anyways thanks for the tip.. I feel like a fool. :confused: lol

eimoaotl

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
if I change the bottom numbers I'll get a low battery notification?
Click to view quoted image

Expand the "Low Battery Level" heading and then change the "on battery" to whatever you wish. This will give you a warning when you reach this level as long as the "low battery notification" is set to "on". I originally didn't get notifications when this was set to the default 6% but did when I moved it down to 5%. Just a weird bug I guess.

Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb