jump to top of page in metro ie10?

eimoaotl

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I switched from an iPad to a surface and love it. The iPad browser used to always crash in me. One thing I miss though is being able to tap the top status bar and have the page jump to the top. With ie10 I have to scroll back up. Anyone know of any shortcut to get to the top of a page?

Thanks.

Edit - changed stud bar to status bar :)

Last edited:

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I switched from an iPad to a surface and love it. The iPad browser used to always crash in me. One thing I miss though is being able to tap the top stud bar and have the page jump to the top. With ie10 I have to scroll back up. Anyone know of any shortcut to get to the top of a page?

Thanks.

I was actually going to say I wish they had something like this also! I haven't found a solution yet either! Hopefully an update will add this!... Along with a readability type option for reading articles without adds and the other junk

eimoaotl

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I just started playing around to see if I could find a way to do this. Looks like you can just tap the "Home" button on the type cover and it will take you to the top. Still wish there was a way to do it when the keyboard isn't pulled out.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I always look for this feature too because I'm so used to the iPad. Even when I use an Android tablet I find myself tapping the top and wondering why it's not scrolling to the top.

Apple probably had a patent on that feature or something.

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
At least one a day I still tap the top of the page expecting to jumps back to the top. I believe Apple do have a patent for this and was one of the things they sued Samsung for.

wpb211

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
By the way, I struggled with how to print from IE. Realized if you view from desktop, then you get the traditional menu options and a full-time menu bar.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
By the way, I struggled with how to print from IE. Realized if you view from desktop, then you get the traditional menu options and a full-time menu bar.

Just swipe to open Charm bar and choose Devices to print your web page in Metro IE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss