Touch cover sound won't turn off

eimoaotl

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My surface tablet will not turn off it's touch cover keypress sounds no matter how I toggle the switch under "Play key sounds as I type." No matter which way the toggle is, it will also play the annoying sounds with each keypress. No sound with the onscreen keyboard, and no sound with the type cover keyboard. Just with the touch cover keyboard. And it doesn't matter which type cover I use (I've tried three), it always makes keypress sounds.

I tried doing a complete system refresh, still have the problem. Any ideas? I'll probably take it back as it is driving my wife nuts.

I have another surface that works just great and the keypress sounds turn off when I toggle the switch, so it is probably just something wrong with my wife's surface.

dark.davy

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Try the refresh, sounds like the driver is messed up.

I had the same thing with the rotation (It was stuck on and would randomly spin lol) A refresh fixed it.

My issue now is sometimes when the keyboard flexes (Like on my lap) the mute button triggers.

HeebyJeeby

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. But it has started since doing the upgrade to 8.1 on my RT. The only way I can get it to work is if I turn on mute, but then music doesn't work. The settings don't do anything. Any ideas?

drachen23

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Had the same issue with the touch cover making sounds after the 8.1 Preview to 8.1 final upgrade. I did a refresh and it's back to normal.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Had the same issue with the touch cover making sounds after the 8.1 Preview to 8.1 final upgrade. I did a refresh and it's back to normal.
I believe this situation might be different. There,s an issue when upgrading from 8.1 preview or rtm, where the keys don't work but the trackpad does. I experienced that and a refresh does indeed fix it. But there's another one where it is completely unresponsive... Nothing short of powering off and on will fix it. I've experienced that too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte