Sold my iPad "3" - I'm all in for Surface!

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So, I bought a Microsoft Surface RT with some skepticism, but the keyboard attracted me.

Well, after 2 weeks of owning this thing - I'm in love. I sold my iPad "3" on eBAY and I've never felt better about a purchase.

I love the Surface! I hope others will come to the light as I have

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
So, I bought a Microsoft Surface RT with some skepticism, but the keyboard attracted me.

Well, after 2 weeks of owning this thing - I'm in love. I sold my iPad "3" on eBAY and I've never felt better about a purchase.

Amen my brother.

speedfreak228

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

Wow! Same thing I did.

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
glad you are enjoying it! I think as more apps show up and people see how useful it is then more of these stories will show up.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Sold my ipad2.

I can do so much work on the surface. Fun yes, but work is the big item. I have really begun to leave my laptop at home. With the iPad, I always had to carry a laptop or netbook.

This is the table I have waiting for years for.

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I just sold my Nexus 7, and my HTC one x, now all my tech is Microsoft, the Surface is my ideal portable computer! In the office its a laptop, on the couch its a tablet1

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Also thinking about selling my iPad and buying a Surface! Thanks for sharing your story, makes me less afraid of the switch :D

Do it! You won't regret it. Just put your iPad away for a week; somewhere that's it's not easy to reach for it, and see if the Surface does everything you need, and more. If after a week you're happy, dig out the iPad and sell it. Or give it to an unsuspecting family member if you feel like being nice.

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking of switching to a surface earlier, however, I've seen reviewers complaining about how laggy games is performing on the surface, not to mention Microsoft word too. Is this true? Other than that, surface is almost a perfect lapblet. ><

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking of switching to a surface earlier, however, I've seen reviewers complaining about how laggy games is performing on the surface, not to mention Microsoft word too. Is this true? Other than that, surface is almost a perfect lapblet.

I"m not a game player, so I can't comment on that.

Word works fine for me, with no lag. Maybe users reporting slowness in MS Office haven't updated it yet. I have some rather large PowerPoint presentations as well, and the Surface preforms just as good as my laptop during a presentation..

Do you have a store near you? You can test it out yourself. It's easier to take advantage of the 14 day return policy too in case you decide you don't like it.

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I"m not a game player, so I can't comment on that.

Word works fine for me, with no lag. Maybe users reporting slowness in MS Office haven't updated it yet. I have some rather large PowerPoint presentations as well, and the Surface preforms just as good as my laptop during a presentation..

Do you have a store near you? You can test it out yourself. It's easier to take advantage of the 14 day return policy too in case you decide you don't like it.

I'm a programmer. So I guess I would wait for the pro version. If the RT is good, I can't wait to get my hands on one. Lumia and surface pro, here I come! I'm so ready for this whole windows ecosystem. Btw, I have my iPhone and macbookpro. Hate how macbookpro provide sucky support for windows. Come on. No one can live without using windows. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I feel a bit sorry for iPad owners when I see them. If they only knew how much better my device is! :D

But OK, I give it that iPad has more/better apps, but personally I've never cared much for apps, rather have out of the box functionality.

My experience has also been very lag free, but like above, I don't play games on mine.

I'm 110% loving my Surface. My only concern is that will the form factor still be there in new devices after 2+ years when it's time to upgrade again.

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Do it! You won't regret it.

He might, if he had an iPad with a Retina display - the screen on the Surface just sucks, there's no other way to put it. I still like the Surface as it's a much more useful device than the iPad - but coming from a Retina display to this really isn't easy.

That said: if you have an older iPad, go for it!

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
He might, if he had an iPad with a Retina display - the screen on the Surface just sucks, there's no other way to put it. I still like the Surface as it's a much more useful device than the iPad - but coming from a Retina display to this really isn't easy.

That said: if you have an older iPad, go for it!

I have an iPad 3 and do not miss the Retina at all. Ask iPad mini owners, they don't miss the retina display either. It's not that big of a deal to some.

Sometimes you have to give up something to gain something. In this case, the benefits of the Surface out weigh the retina of the iPad 3, but that's IMO and what works for me.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm a programmer. So I guess I would wait for the pro version. If the RT is good, I can't wait to get my hands on one. Lumia and surface pro, here I come! I'm so ready for this whole windows ecosystem. Btw, I have my iPhone and macbookpro. Hate how macbookpro provide sucky support for windows. Come on. No one can live without using windows. :/

I'm a developer too, and one of the reasons I got the Surface RT is because I've already had clients asking if I can create RT apps.

jsntrenkler

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking about picking up a surface as well. I am loving the 920 and think the surface will compliment it well. Gotta keep my MacBook pro, too in love with logic studio to give it up.

TheBadGuy_88

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
My surface is phenomenal!!!! I sold my iPad 3 on amazon and I have no lag, the keyboard is wonderful(on screen, type cover, full, spread-out), good battery life, and I keep receiving updates that make it better and better... I sometimes stumble upon the app drawer and am amazed to see the amount of apps that I leave open. The money I have saved from my iPad and the money I will receive for selling my surface Rt will be used to purchase the surface pro however. That's the real game changer right there

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)