hover links in ie10

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Is there a trick to hovering over links without using the touch cover track pad and cursor? There are many sites that use this type of link to bring up a drop down menu that isn't accessible in any other way. ESPN and the verge are two that come to mind.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I've hit a lot of sites where drop down menus don't work correctly on the Surface when trying to hover without the mouse. It's frustrating. Sometimes I can get it to work by holding my finger on the link and letting up just before the right click menu comes up.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
This has been a problem with all touch screen devices I've ever used. I'm sure the majority of all web browsing in the world is don't on touch devices. Sites should design for this!

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
This has been a problem with all touch screen devices I've ever used. I'm sure the majority of all web browsing in the world is don't on touch devices. Sites should design for this!

I agree, especially since the the trend is touch screen, even in laptops now. Web designers/programmers could get away with being a bit lazy in the past, or only coding for one specific browser, but not anymore. Standards must be followed. Although some of the sites may follow standards, they still need to account for touch devices.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
iOS and android allows for a tap to simulate a hover on non navigation objects.

This doesn't seem to work in Mobile IE10. I'm going to eventually recode the hovers I've written to be clicks as it is better for touch screens.

However, tap to hover would be a nice feature for MS to copy from iOS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon