Photo saving in RT

Dr. Impossible

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to save pictures that I am pulling in from Facebook and files on my PC via Skydrive to my Surface? I can't seem to do this or find any way to. Any help would be lovely.

Thanks

-Doc

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Sounds like you need the Spydrive app for Windows. If you can't find let us know we will get you a link.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
No I meant Skydrive on your Windows PC stupid spell check. If I understand your question you are trying to get photos saved on your Windows PC uploaded to Skydrive correct? The Windows Skydrive app gives you Skydrive in a file manager format so you can drag and drop items from folders on your PC to folders on Skydrive.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/skydrive/download

Dr. Impossible

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes, and, my surf Rt is pulling photos from FB and from files I've designated on my desktop. Since my last post, I just took the files I wanted, uploaded them to Skydrive and should be able to download them onto my Surface soon. Let me know if there is an easier way. :)

Thanks

-Doc

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I think he wants to save the files FROM Skydrive TO his Surface.

When in the skydrive app, select the picture(s) you want and there should be this Download icon on the bottom left with an arrow down that should download the pic.

Dr. Impossible

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes, thanks Core. I did get that part, I also have to other sections/files/folders in my Photo app: Facebook and one from my PC, I was wondering how to download those to my Surface as well.

Thanks

-Doc

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I think he wants to save the files FROM Skydrive TO his Surface.

When in the skydrive app, select the picture(s) you want and there should be this Download icon on the bottom left with an arrow down that should download the pic.

I have a question related to this response which I found through a search: I have uploaded photos to two albums on my SkyDrive and shared each album with a friend, sending emails to her RT WinLive address. She has accessed/viewed the photos but not figured out how to download the pics to her RT. I no longer have my RT to figure this out for her. Does Coreldan's response above hold for our case where it involves photos from a shared SkyDrive folder rather than with one's own account which is the subject in this thread? Also, I have checked/granted "edit" rights to these folders and find no other rights to grant, such as download: is that sufficient on my end? Thanks much.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Bump.. Excuse this single insistence, but my friend lives 2500 miles away and I won't be seeing her soon; plus I've already made several suggestions that haven't worked, and I'm not sure whether there's something I haven't done right on my end. I'll start a new post, if necessary; but I always try the search option first. Thanks.

I have a question related to this response which I found through a search: I have uploaded photos to two albums on my SkyDrive and shared each album with a friend, sending emails to her RT WinLive address. She has accessed/viewed the photos but not figured out how to download the pics to her RT. I no longer have my RT to figure this out for her. Does Coreldan's response above hold for our case where it involves photos from a shared SkyDrive folder rather than with one's own account which is the subject in this thread? Also, I have checked/granted "edit" rights to these folders and find no other rights to grant, such as download: is that sufficient on my end? Thanks much.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Try this link and go through the tabs for info:

Overview - Microsoft Windows

I think if you both have an outlook.com email you can share. I haven't done it yet but it prompted me to form a group folder to share files and folders. I formed a group but have not coordinated with my daughter in FL.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Another thought share one account and password and you should both be able to access like the primary user. If you both log on at the same time???????

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, calfee. Does your daughter have an RT, and the SkyDrive app? Did you "share" from your SkyDrive through the email pop-up, to her RT, and specify edit permission for the folder(s). If so, I'd sure welcome a tip on how she downloaded or saved your photos to her RT. Thanks again. I had thought of just giving her my password; but if I'm sharing and permitting "edit", that should be sufficient, and just be a matter of know-how.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The way I see it skydrive is available to any device that can open a browser. If you get a free outlook.com [Microsoft] email address you automatically get 7 gigs of free skydrive which is available to any device with a browser. Free office web apps are also available inside skydrivelive.com. I ran a skydrive app and it placed a folder under C:\users\myPCname\skydrive. It shows up with My pictures; documents; videos; music. Go to this web site it explains more.

Share files and folders and change permissions - SkyDrive

If you drag photos into your skydrive folder on your C: drive are they really there or are they in the cloud.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Update, you got me fooling with my skydrive account. I dragged a bunch of photos from a photos folder to my skydrive folder in my C: drive. Then I opened a new tab went to skydrivelive and watched the photo's uploading. Upload is slower than download. When done I disconnected from the internet and checked my C:drive folder. The photos were there so I had a copy on my drive and the cloud.

Then I went back to the cloud, created a word document in the cloud and put it in the folder on the cloud. I shut down my WiFi and checked my hard drive and the document was there. It doesn't matter where the material was created or came from there is a copy on your pc and in the cloud. Great backup.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
One more. My daughter does not have an RT we both have desktops. I have Win8 she does not. When you are in skydrive in the photos folder in thumb nail view you can checkmark the photos you want to download. I tried with a netbook. If you are in slide show viewing one at a time there is a download tab.

I went back to that site: Share files and folders and change permissions - SkyDrive

Make sure you click the "Show All" button to expand all the info.......I missed that the first time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6