Sleep Mode & Battery drain: Surface v. iPad3

Eric Hon

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, not sure if everyone else is experiencing the same, but I was noticing that my Surface when in sleep mode drains battery overnight a tad bit quicker than the iPad3. Is everyone else who might have both experiencing this? I'm just wondering if it is because of the Live Tiles background causing the drain, but then I thought that the iPad also gets notifications in the background as well. Any thoughts? I would say that overnight, the difference between the two is 3-5% in sleep mode.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I charge my devices overnight, so I can't run the test. I will say though that I have not found any other device tha loses less battery in stand by mode than my iPad 3.

When I unplug in the morning, I'll do a 3 hour test and see what the percentages are.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I see similar results when comparing my iPad 2 and my Surface. I would say that the iPad has slightly better stand by ability but considering the Surface has a more robust and full featured OS I find it perfectly acceptable.

LimeSoda

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Can't really say I've done this particular comparison. However recharging time is so much shorter than the Ipad, so overall very happy with battery performance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss