People App & Facebook - missing posts

Jips

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I was looking the other day, and I see that some of my contacts have nothing in the what's new page, even though on Facebook they do have recent posts etc.

All I get is "No recent updates, or xyz has chosen not to share updates with the people app."

Most of my contacts are fine, and show everything, just the odd few.

Does anyone know what setting they need to alter, or if it's my end?

Screenshot.png

kashk5

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
This is a problem that exists with the People app in Windows Phone as well. It's simply due to each individual's privacy settings, so there's nothing you can do on your end to get the information to appear in the People app.

Until a proper Facebook app is released, you will have to access Facebook from IE to get the full experience.

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
This is a problem that exists with the People app in Windows Phone as well. It's simply due to each individual's privacy settings, so there's nothing you can do on your end to get the information to appear in the People app.

Until a proper Facebook app is released, you will have to access Facebook from IE to get the full experience.

thanks for this. I was wondering about this also so it clears it up. and actually makes sense!

Jips

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Now just need to find which setting it is so we can get them to change it.
I have been messing with the wifes account to see if I can replicate it, but as yet, no luck.

if by chance I do find it, I shall post back

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

This does not exist on windows phone anymore at least for me . This was resolved somehow earlier this year, the surface rt has this issue but not with phones.

For me i get everybody's feed on my 920, feeds don't show on rt, it does have to do with privacy settings. If this can be fixed for phones should be a fix for rt.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire