Surface Torture Test

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Yet another example of how alleged torture tests are designed to make a preferred product look better than others. The iPad is placed in a bag and chilled in ice to a surface temperature in the upper 30's; is wrapped in a towel and heated to 150 degrees; is dropped flat from several heights; has a few miscellaneous light weight objects dropped on it; and has water spilled on it. The Surface is tossed directly in a freezer (typically 0 degrees Fahrenheit) for a couple hours with its touch cover installed; is heated for more than an hour to 250 degrees with an egg on it; has alcohol spilled on it (making sure to get the alcohol in the connector); is dropped from laughable height on a corner; and is set up on its kickstand and used as a footrest. Now this is certainly a fair comparison. Personally, I expected this would be the case and was only checking it out to satisfy my curiously. Sadly some people actually believe this garbage....

JAStark27

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Lets be honest man if the ipad was in the same test as the surface it wouldnt have survived the oven. Ridiculous if you look at the videos one right after the other. Molly seriously took it easy on the ipad compared to the guy who did the surface. Just laughable.

pbankey

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Cnet is the absolute joke of tech news. Have you guys noticed they turned off comments on some articles? Reader's are starting to see through their tricks.

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Yet another example of how alleged torture tests are designed to make a preferred product look better than others. The iPad is placed in a bag and chilled in ice to a surface temperature in the upper 30's; is wrapped in a towel and heated to 150 degrees; is dropped flat from several heights; has a few miscellaneous light weight objects dropped on it; and has water spilled on it. The Surface is tossed directly in a freezer (typically 0 degrees Fahrenheit) for a couple hours with its touch cover installed; is heated for more than an hour to 250 degrees with an egg on it; has alcohol spilled on it (making sure to get the alcohol in the connector); is dropped from laughable height on a corner; and is set up on its kickstand and used as a footrest. Now this is certainly a fair comparison. Personally, I expected this would be the case and was only checking it out to satisfy my curiously. Sadly some people actually believe this garbage....

This is exactly what I was thinking! Everything you said is dead on, the iPad test was a joke. I think Il email her... I think the iPad deserves a do over. The other thing I was wondering was if wine is worse than water on products? Anyways I like torture tests but they killed the surface too much! What was pretty good was seeing him ride on it like a skateboard and all it did was bend a bit and have a crack.. cause he wasn't going easy on it at all!

ezcats

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Why Cnet...why cant you do ONE...just ONE unbaised review/test. I stopped going to cnet and techcrunch because they have become purely apple ****** sites. At least use the same towel and conditions for the test! :mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss