Bluetooth trackpad?

tomdjp

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking to get a Surface (either RT or Pro), but also want to do some serious typing with it, so want a proper keyboard/mouse rather than using the touch/type cover.
In order to take up the one-and-only USB port with a dongle, this basically means Bluetooth.

It seems there's some nice BT keyboards that are suitable (e.g. Logitech K810), but I prefer to use a trackpad rather than a mouse (partly because it's less likely to be pulled off the table by our young child!). But I can't find a single BT trackpad that is designed for Windows anywhere!
The only candidate is the Apple Magic Touchpad, but it's a hack to make it work on Windows and it's also a bit big.
Does anyone know of any other options?
What is everyone else using when they want to use Office properly from their Surface?

Many thanks for any suggestions...

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I use the Apple wireless keyboard, and a Logitech Bluetooth mouse whenever I need to do a lot of typing. Otherwise I get by just fine with the touch cover.

Logitech does make a decent wireless touchpad, and you can do different things depending on how many fingers you use. There are also Bluetooth keyboard/trackpad combos too.

martinblank64

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
The Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000 has a Bluetooth keyboard with a built in trackpad. It's a bit small, though. I have the discontinued 8000 model and it works perfectly with the Surface. The 8000 has light up keys, among other differences from 7000. Not sure why it was discontinued, it's awesome!

tomdjp

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I use the Apple wireless keyboard, and a Logitech Bluetooth mouse whenever I need to do a lot of typing. Otherwise I get by just fine with the touch cover.

Logitech does make a decent wireless touchpad, and you can do different things depending on how many fingers you use. There are also Bluetooth keyboard/trackpad combos too.

Thanks for sharing your setup. Unfortunately the Logitech wireless touchpad is RF, not Bluetooth, so I'd need to take up the USB port with a transceiver/dongle to use it with Surface.
I did find an IOgear BT keyboard/trackpad combo, but not keen on the design, and can't find many other alternatives...
Maybe I should try to get used to a regular BT mouse :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers