Would love a magnetic cover

Captain_J

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Think like the iPad smart cover. Sometimes I just need a tablet and a plain jane cover. If it could connect to the magnets on the surface that would be great!

The touch cover is too expensive and heavy to use just as a cover. I primarily have the type cover but I always find myself ripping it off when I just want to browse the web.

DougB541#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
The feel of the Type Cover made me choose the Touch Cover as i wanted a cover first/keyboard second.

I agree, they should have a cheap cover as well, but i think they want to push the productivity factor of the surface.

EDIT: though they have publicly said 3rd parties will have access to the Touch Cover connector area at some point.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I"m still looking for a simple portfolio case for it. I don't mind the Touch cover, but it doesn't offer the protection I want when I take it with me.

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I"m still looking for a simple portfolio case for it. I don't mind the Touch cover, but it doesn't offer the protection I want when I take it with me.

I have a touch cover as well and want more protection to take it with me as well. I think though that as time goes on more aftermarket covers will come out with just plain covers copying the idea of the ipad covers.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a touch cover as well and want more protection to take it with me as well. I think though that as time goes on more aftermarket covers will come out with just plain covers copying the idea of the ipad covers.

I think so too, especially when the Surface Pro comes out. A whole bunch of accessories will probably be out after that (I hope).

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I think so too, especially when the Surface Pro comes out. A whole bunch of accessories will probably be out after that (I hope).

Don't bet on it. The iPad smart cover works because of a magnet in the cover and magnetic sensor in the tablet. Unless an after market company licenses the technology from Microsoft to trigger the sensor in the Surface connector, all an iPad style cover will do is flip backwards and otherwise flop around.

lemonsteveo

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I hope there will be third party covers as I refuse to pay so much for a keyboard cover. There's actually a lot of third party covers that work with the magnets on the iPad and activates it. Some are probably not even licensed, the vendors (mostly from China) must have worked out the connectors.

popartist

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Actually I would not mind a non-keyboard version of the touch/type cover, that probably would be my usual daily cover using it as a tablet, and would mean less wear and tear on my touch cover - save that for when I am traveling or otherwise will need the keyboard.

wp8nyc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Actually I would not mind a non-keyboard version of the touch/type cover, that probably would be my usual daily cover using it as a tablet, and would mean less wear and tear on my touch cover - save that for when I am traveling or otherwise will need the keyboard.

Exactly what I want. If it could also fold up to provide a but of lift while my surface is laying on a flat surface like the iPad cover does that would be perfect.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Exactly what I want. If it could also fold up to provide a but of lift while my surface is laying on a flat surface like the iPad cover does that would be perfect.

Yes, now you're talking. Something to put it at that nice typing angle when typing on screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99