I'm set on getting the Surface RT, but why haven't I bought it yet???!?!

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Yup, I have to order it online since I have no pop-up store or MS store near me. The 64GB Surface RT has been sitting in my shopping cart for the past 2 weeks now and I look at it everyday. Heck I've even already ordered a Zagg full body kit and the Sandisk 64GB microSDXC card off amazon..

This is supposed to be my xmas present, I was given to go ahead to order one for myself a couple weeks ago now. I know if I get it I will be able to use it right away (I won't have to wait til Christmas day), so that's not really stopping me.

What also didn't stop me was the Black Friday sale which offered a discounted 2nd keyboard.

What is stopping me is the possibility that there will be a sale leading up to Christmas? or even if I can wait til then, Boxing Day? Or even with the potential release of the Surface Pro, might the RT drop slightly in price?

Does anyone know if at all, even the slightest hint that MS will discount the Surface RT in the next 4 weeks????

Money comes and goes, I can afford it now, but if I can save anything it would help. Main reason is that my wife started her maternity leave a month ago so we're pretty crippled in terms of cash flow til she returns to work in a year.

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Pull the trigger! I doubt there will be any price reductions prior to Christmas.

I went to the Microsoft Store in Chicago over Thanksgiving weekend but decided to buy online because my state tax is cheaper than Illinois' and shipping is free any way. The only reason I havent ordered yet is because the Surface is going to get wrapped and put under the tree and I couldnt stand it just sitting there for so long without being able to use it.

That all being said, I'm getting antsy and will probably make the online purchase this weekend. Going to use my Discover card and get 5% cash back going through the Discover store links. That'll save me about $40.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Ever if the price does drop, you get an extended return policy if you buy it now. I think you get until the end of January. So if the price does drop, you can probably get a price match, or just return it and buy it again.

It's a big chunk of change to drop. I'm addicted to tech, so I end up buying stuff I don't need. I don't actually "need" a tablet, yet I currently use both the iPad 3 and Surface RT. I gave my Nexus 7 to my son. I just like the convenience of a tablet, and the portability. Could I get by without one? Sure. But it's so easy to just grab a tablet and sit on the couch.

So maybe it's so hard to pull the trigger because it's a tough purchase to justify. I'm a developer, so in the end I make money on the devices I buy. If not though, I'd have a hard time dropping money on something like this.

And if in a few months you find you don't use it, or you want a little extra cash, you can always sell it. You lose some money, but at least you'll get something for it.

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
buy from ebay, there are good deals, much cheaper than MS store price

Ya, I don't want to do that. Could be used, could be new, could be a major headache is anything goes wrong.. Plus I actually haven't seen many go for less that what they're worth, especially after shipping costs.

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Good call NickA, I forgot that MS extended the return policy to January 31st on all purchases made from now..

But I know if I purchase it, I will want to keep it. If I had an MS store in my area I would probably have purchased it already..

For some reason there's just so little gratification buying a $700 tablet before actually physically seeing it and playing with it in my hands. Maybe that is actually why I haven't yet...

I've played with the Samsung 500T and 700T and Asus VivoTab RT and I liked both..

newfiend

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Just got the wife one of these for Xmas.. She got it early.. Lucky her.. Anyway the thing is pretty neat.. Played with it a bit last night. Speakers in it are kinda meh.. But the tablet is nice. Looking forward to using it a bit from time to time.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Finally... No more wondering, no more second guessing, no more sadness!

I finally checked out online and my 64 Surface RT is on the way!!!

:winktongue::grin::excited::grincry::winktongue::grincry::grin::excited:

Squadromeo

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Good for you, mate!

I'm still on the edge, trying to decide between the Surface RT and the Thinkpad Tablet 2. I like the Surface better in almost any way (sceen size, kick stand, keyboard) but really want a digitizer to make notes in docments and pdf's etc.

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I was trying to decide between the Dell XPS10, Samsung Smart PC 500T (win8) and the Surface RT.

In the end, the RT does all I need. I have a pretty decked out PC I use at home for all my big tasks and gaming.

I was just amazed by the build quality of the Surface, that alone made the decision over the Sammy and Dell pretty easy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro