Flash on Surface without updating whitelist

89caps

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to get flash on the Surface without having to update the whitelist?

Alternatively, are there any apps that allow you to access flash through their servers similar to Flash Cinema on Windows Phone?

Thanks!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
to address your first question, no! No way to get flash (on non whitelisted sites) without changing the whitelist for IE.

as far as apps that allow you to access flash through their servers, i havnt seen any (wasnt exactly looking though)

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
to address your first question, no! No way to get flash (on non whitelisted sites) without changing the whitelist for IE.

as far as apps that allow you to access flash through their servers, i havnt seen any (wasnt exactly looking though)

this is not true. you can add a domain as debug domain the the registry to enable flash.

msdugn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
** Removed for being completely false **

The real (corrected) rule is this:
  • If you use the desktop version of Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8 (not RT), you can run all Flash content, without restriction.
  • If you use the desktop version of IE 10 on Windows RT or the Metro version of IE 10 on either platform, Flash content runs only if the domain hosting that content is listed on Microsoft's Compatibility View list

Last edited:

justinm001

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
There's no way to whitelist all websites? I've been slowly adding to the white list but its a pain
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

msdugn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo