Great Big War Game port for Windows RT only made $83 first week

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The US store now has a "Top Paid" section for each category. The Great Big War Game is listed there at the top of the second row. Now either their tantrum sparked a **** of a lot of sales or no one is really buying any games. The third option could be is that Microsoft stuck them in there to shut them up. I really hope that isn't what they did because that would really kill the integrity of the store.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well they do say that even bad press is still press. I definitely think there should be a list on the microsoft store for incoming games and apps to build a bit of hype for new titles.

vdek

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
The US store now has a "Top Paid" section for each category. The Great Big War Game is listed there at the top of the second row. Now either their tantrum sparked a **** of a lot of sales or no one is really buying any games. The third option could be is that Microsoft stuck them in there to shut them up. I really hope that isn't what they did because that would really kill the integrity of the store.

They need to do what Apple does, Indie games need promotion from Microsoft themselves because many of them lack the funds necessary to promote their own games. If they want a thriving app store, they need to get the good developers noticed. Apple regularly picks out top new games, staff picks, and makes curated lists of awesome apps.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
They need to do what Apple does, Indie games need promotion from Microsoft themselves because many of them lack the funds necessary to promote their own games. If they want a thriving app store, they need to get the good developers noticed. Apple regularly picks out top new games, staff picks, and makes curated lists of awesome apps.

If everyone did what apple does they wouldnt be so dominant as long as they dont get sued for copying the business model. Am sure theyve got a patent locked away somewhere for that.

IMO until the user base picks up and more people like yourself vdek start reviewing and rating games on personal websites then i doubt MS will change the way they do things and i doubt the big developers will start coming on board.

At the moment im promoting my Surface like a mofo to anyone that shows even the slightest interest. Ive had it nearly a month and can count on one hand the amount of days that have passed where someone sitting next to me on the tube or train hasnt shown an interest. Have got a whole demo pitch lined up ive done it so many times.

vdek

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
How much did it make in its first week on other platforms?

Quite a bit more than $82! The game has made quite a bit of money on iOS and Android since it was a sequel to an already popular game, great little war game. On release thousand probably. We're talking mid-high 6 figures overall on other platforms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb