Report: Microsoft To Increase Retail Availability Of Surface Within Days

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Man... I just ordered mine online on Monday and UPS said they deliverd my Surface when in actuality it wasn't delivered to my house.. They said it was left at the front door, even tho I was home at the time they said it was delivered and when I looked outside there was nothing...

I'm still waiting for an answer on where my surface is.. I'm not happy.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Man... I just ordered mine online on Monday and UPS said they deliverd my Surface when in actuality it wasn't delivered to my house.. They said it was left at the front door, even tho I was home at the time they said it was delivered and when I looked outside there was nothing...

hope it is not stolen...

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
hope it is not stolen...

Ditto, but the responsibility will lie with MS and UPS to sort that out and get me a new one.. At least I expect it to be that way. I still don't know why the UPS person would just leave it at my front door and not ring the bell or knock first in an attempt to deliver it safely..

My guess is that it didn't get delivered to my address, my dog goes a-wall when anyone comes near the door and there was not a peep from her all day.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Ditto, but the responsibility will lie with MS and UPS to sort that out and get me a new one.. At least I expect it to be that way. I still don't know why the UPS person would just leave it at my front door and not ring the bell or knock first in an attempt to deliver it safely..

My guess is that it didn't get delivered to my address, my dog goes a-wall when anyone comes near the door and there was not a peep from her all day.

Man, that sucks. The FexEx lady always knocks a couple times, and my dog goes nuts like yours. I got contacts delivered today and that's how I knew she was here. The UPS guy doesn't always do that though. On Tuesday I received a gift basket from a client, and had no idea it was on the porch until I left the house.

Hope you track it down so you have something to play with this weekend.

rich4A1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Now with their own hardwares, Microsoft can revenge the OEMs for not having touch devices in store at launch by getting their own stuffs to the stores. No doubt OEMs will hate that but they probably deserve it.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Unless something has changed in the past few days, Microsoft still ships signature required. If it was delivered somewhere, UPS should be able to pull the date, time, and signature.

vdek

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
This is only for outside of the USA for the time being though. Otherwise we'll have to wait until January to see Surface RTs being sold at Best Buy and such. What a shame, they're going to miss out so many sales during the holiday season.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
This is only for outside of the USA for the time being though. Otherwise we'll have to wait until January to see Surface RTs being sold at Best Buy and such. What a shame, they're going to miss out so many sales during the holiday season.
That's by design. Microsoft wants to step on the oem's toes as little as possible. But by finally entering the box store arena, MS is telling all the others "get your **** together - we are done fooling around."

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Directly competing with the OEMs, this should be an interesting year. I'm really glad Microsoft is sticking it to them, the OEMs were getting really really lazy.

rich4A1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I just went to a local BestBuy and I have to say it worries me. I was once again looking for a Clover Trail tablet to tale a look at the performance, and saw a lady talking to a sales person about buying a tablet. The lady was apparently very interested in ASUS Vivo Tab RT, but the sales person kept persuading her into buying an Android tablet. She already said she doesn't use many apps, and doesn't play games, yet he kept telling her Windows RT doesn't have this app nor that app. He didn't mention RT includes Office until I said it next to her. I talked to another sales person asking about the Atom tablet (since in my previous experience they have no idea what Clover Trail is), and his answer was, Atom is slow, and any of those Android tablets will run faster than any Atom tablet. Given that is the general attitude of sales associates at BestBuy, I really worry what will happen to Surface once it gets there. Oh, BTW, that store managed to get three Windows 8 machines showing "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC".

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
That's by design. Microsoft wants to step on the oem's toes as little as possible. But by finally entering the box store arena, MS is telling all the others "get your **** together - we are done fooling around."

Exactly. MS is only widening distribution because OEMs have failed so far with RT.

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site

According to Paul Thurrott (winsupersite.com) they will be available within days at retailers in the US. This seems to be a change of plan, and given how the OEM's screwed up the Win8 launch I don't blame them.

It is so evident that the OEM's are trying to push out their older laptops (with or without 8) during the holiday season before the new hardware designed for 8 comes out. I was at the Win8 launch in NY and played with devices from every manufacturer and so many of them are great. Instead we see the same crap right now being pushed except for a few outliers.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Humm, just f*ing amazing. I just bid on one on ebay and I'm the high bidder for now. It's still a better deal than MS.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
They are going to Australia first. I expect some major European retailers will pick it up soon too. If they can get this done before Christmas there will probably be a surge of sales just before the end of the year. Lots of pent up demand abroad I hear. Also I think the December update is going to throw in some international support that was a little weak.

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Have you checked with your neighbors? UPS recently delivered one of my packages to my neighbors house by mistake.

YAY!!! Just had a neighbor drop it off this morning! It was delivered to the wrong address, 20 houses away infact... my mailing address was correct too... I contacted MS and they are going to get back to me, hopefully to offer me something for the troubles (one can hope) :p

Anyways, I'm loving my Surface, typing on the touch pad right now. Can't wait for my 64GB microSDXC to come in the mail tomorrow now!! Hopefully this time UPS doesn't screw up the delivery!

pfroo40

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
YAY!!! Just had a neighbor drop it off this morning! It was delivered to the wrong address, 20 houses away infact... my mailing address was correct too... I contacted MS and they are going to get back to me, hopefully to offer me something for the troubles (one can hope) :p

Anyways, I'm loving my Surface, typing on the touch pad right now. Can't wait for my 64GB microSDXC to come in the mail tomorrow now!! Hopefully this time UPS doesn't screw up the delivery!

Why are you trying to get stuff from Microsoft when it was obviously UPS's fault?

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Why are you trying to get stuff from Microsoft when it was obviously UPS's fault?

I'm not, but it seemed like the MS customer service rep made it sound like they were going to make sure they were going to do something for my inconvenience. I know its UPS's fault, but I am a customer of MS and MS is UPS's customer and they screwed up.

Like I said, I can only hope, but I don't care if they do or don't. I'm loving my surface and really can't think of anything I'd need for it anyways... :grin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon