Well so much for BS about descreasing Surface production...

Status
Not open for further replies.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
They've been running just a ton of ads for the Surface. I see them every night on TV no matter what show I am watching.

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, I watched the blatantly obvious one on Sherlock Holmes and then another one on Suburgatory.. I got a good chuckle from them

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It is really important that these retailers understand they need to update the devices as soon as they unbox them. This is what has made me leery of retailers
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
It is really important that these retailers understand they need to update the devices as soon as they unbox them. This is what has made me leery of retailers
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Yes. Not only that, make sure the display is nice and the unit is working. It's nice that Staples doesn't sell the iPad because they won't automatically walk people over the the iPads like they do in Best Buy.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It just sucks that the surface is handicapped and so expensive. It should have been $350 or $400 with the keyboard. They basically priced themselves out of the tablet war.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
provide SPECIFIC examples. Expensive? It is the SAME price as the iPad and does MORE.

Last edited by a moderator:

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
It just sucks that the surface is handicapped and so expensive. It should have been $350 or $400 with the keyboard. They basically priced themselves out of the tablet war.

Give me a break dude. I'm guessing you don't even have one, nor have you even touched one. It's common for the likes of you to read biased articles on the Surface RT and draw conclusions based on that.

What I'm trying to say in a nice way is you have so clue what you are talking about. Now go away. Actually wait, I'd like to hear why you think the SRT is "handicapped". Can you muster up another ignorant post, or do you actually have anything credible to say?

Sorry if this come across a little harsh, but I'm so tired of members who have no idea what they are talking about, come here and make comments on the SRT.

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Not only that, make sure the display is nice and the unit is working. It's nice that Staples doesn't sell the iPad because they won't automatically walk people over the the iPads like they do in Best Buy.

Staples Canada sells ipads here.. so that's a no go but I think people will still be interested in Surface. I hear a lot of people who have seen the adds

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I expect another who may chime in soon is Verizon. When I picked up a Nokia 822 last week, the sales rep suggested the Surface on display was intended to generate some buzz and that the store was expecting it would be selling them relatively soon. Given Verizon's 12 month installment plan for all tablets that just started, that could open options for some.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The biggest concern I have about Staples is that the two in Scottsdale that carry the Samsung Ativ tablets both have broken ones on display. It is not an anti Microsoft bias in this case though, half the Kindles and most of the other random Android tablets are also usually non functional.

yep, that's the fear, they will be turned off, dead battery, not updated, etc etc. I guess just like my exploits with the ****bag att stores here I will report them to microsoft if they don't put on a good show for the tablet.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
yep, that's the fear, they will be turned off, dead battery, not updated, etc etc. I guess just like my exploits with the ****bag att stores here I will report them to microsoft if they don't put on a good show for the tablet.

The biggest concern I have about Staples is that the two in Scottsdale that carry the Samsung Ativ tablets both have broken ones on display. It is not an anti Microsoft bias in this case though, half the Kindles and most of the other random Android tablets are also usually non functional.

My local Staples does a a good job of displaying tablets, but only half are working at a time. They are placed on the end caps so they are visible when you walk into the store at least. I was in there Saturday and none of the tablets were on, so I powered all of them up. I guess I'll have to go in and maintain the Surface on a weekly basis too for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99