Well so much for BS about descreasing Surface production...

Status
Not open for further replies.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm definitely interested. I tried out the Samsung Ativ and the Surface and they are very cool. For right now I'm going to stick with my trusty $250 Nexus 7, but I look forward to replacing it with an RT tablet once the platform matures a little, there are more apps and some smaller, lighter, cheaper devices. I would love to see a Nexus 7 clone running RT. Are you listening Asus? :)

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
anyone know if they are going to be selling type covers and touch covers as well? I assume but I really want the type cover as an addition to my touch cover.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Give me a break dude. I'm guessing you don't even have one, nor have you even touched one. It's common for the likes of you to read biased articles on the Surface RT and draw conclusions based on that.

What I'm trying to say in a nice way is you have so clue what you are talking about. Now go away. Actually wait, I'd like to hear why you think the SRT is "handicapped". Can you muster up another ignorant post, or do you actually have anything credible to say?

Sorry if this come across a little harsh, but I'm so tired of members who have no idea what they are talking about, come here and make comments on the SRT.
I don't, I was planning on purchasing one because I have win 8 at home and l920 but the surface is handicapped. I've read every review and have been to the ms store in Manhattan to play with one. Its underpowered and expensive for what it is especially compared to the nexus. Microsoft should have put a clovertrail in it. Also the reason ms didn't make it cheaper was to coddle the OEMs, Acer,dell,Asus etc. If the surface was $350 or $400 with the touch keyboard its a perfect sell even with its limited market.
the look and feel of the of the device is perfect but because its meant to challenge the iPad and its type of software it need to be priced lower. Also Ms including office was a nice touch but having the desktop built in to use 2/3 applications is useless.
its not a terrible device just one that wasn't implemented to its fullest. If you have one and think its great than that's wonderful, i have my opinion about it based on countless reviews and articles. If i wasn't on the 6 train I'd type a little more , gonna be entering a subway tunnel so this is gonna be short

Last edited:

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I also was going to hold out for a pro which is what the surface should be but with only 4-5 hours of battery life in not spending $800 on it. That's justcrazy.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i have my opinion about it based on countless reviews and articles.

that is your problem, and disqualifies you from any further input. The majority of us here are actual OWNERS. You don't get what the Surface RT is about, then you go on to pooh pooh the cost of the Surface Pro. You are obviously here with an agenda, go away.

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I think once these things are in the brick and mortars, interest will pick up. Just yesterday I had mine set up at work and someone came by and asked all kinds of questions about it. "I have seen a lot of commercials about it, but I have not seen them for sale anywhere. I want to replace my Xoom."

That will probably turn into a sale when she sees them on display in a store. She was concerned about it being wifi only since she has data on her Xoom through VZW, but I told her that she could transfer her data plan to a wifi hotspot device and not only be able to use that data for her tablet, but any wifi capable device. She seemed very interested in this idea.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
or just tether via phone, you know, the way most people do it.

The biggest problem is if she strolls into the store and, just as I predicted, finds a disheveled display with a broken or dead battery Surface laying there with uninterested employees shuffling by.

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean by mature? Its windows!

It's Windows RT, not Windows 8. It's about as mature as WP7.0 was two years ago.

And before the fanboys jump in with this "you don't know what you're talking about" BS that's been so prominent in this thread, I owned a Surface RT for several weeks before sending it back.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't, I was planning on purchasing one because I have win 8 at home and l920 but the surface is handicapped. I've read every review and have been to the ms store in Manhattan to play with one. Its underpowered and expensive for what it is especially compared to the nexus. Microsoft should have put a clovertrail in it. Also the reason ms didn't make it cheaper was to coddle the OEMs, Acer,dell,Asus etc. If the surface was $350 or $400 with the touch keyboard its a perfect sell even with its limited market.
the look and feel of the of the device is perfect but because its meant to challenge the iPad and its type of software it need to be priced lower. Also Ms including office was a nice touch but having the desktop built in to use 2/3 applications is useless.
its not a terrible device just one that wasn't implemented to its fullest. If you have one and think its great than that's wonderful, i have my opinion about it based on countless reviews and articles. If i wasn't on the 6 train I'd type a little more , gonna be entering a subway tunnel so this is gonna be short

Countless reviews and articles mean dyck compared to user experience. And user experience is not spending 30 seconds on a store playing with a non maintained non updated device. I was playing with a couple of Android tablets at a store and they were incredibly laggy and choppy. Probably because Bif pulled it out of the box, powered it up and put it on the display table without updating it first.

I have owned the Surface since day one and it is always updated and runs like silk. So the reviews mean **** to me. My experience is worth more than some random blogger that is considered an "expert" because he wears thick glasses and has a self satisfied smirk in his pictures.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
It's Windows RT, not Windows 8. It's about as mature as WP7.0 was two years ago.

And before the fanboys jump in with this "you don't know what you're talking about" BS that's been so prominent in this thread, I owned a Surface RT for several weeks before sending it back.

And that means what? Your opinion is more qualified than mine because I like my Surface? I don't know which is worse: fanboys or those that are so wrapped up in calling anyone who doesn't complain a ******.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
don't feed those things that we can't speak of....

But his statement is categorically false.

Windows 8 editions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Windows RT is Windows 8 compiled for ARM with only a limited desktop and no legacy app being the practical differences. Saying anything else is a LIE. You can conduct all of the same OS management functions with RT as you can with Windows 8. Windows RT even offers a few things Windows 8 doesn't such as device encryption. As such, Windows RT on your Surface IS as mature as Windows 8 on a PC.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I agree to a point. But Reviews matter. Not scores but the written (typed) words. When the majority of reviews state the same thing pros or cons, then deciding if the negatives would affect your use of the device how can that be wrong or how can an individual have a "bad" opinion. Yes I played with a surface only 3 or 4 times since release but that doesn't matter. I have windows 8 at home I know the software. I was referring to the device itself and what I feel it can and can't do for me . If you like the device and it suits your needs that's wonderful but in my eyes and most people who cover tech feel Microsoft shot themselves in the foot due to pricing, false storage advertising (even tho there's microsd) useless desktop, no legacy apps, poor camera,poor CPU choice. can't blame them for the lack luster market since its a new platform.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
See, you are just regurigtating the same talking points of the reviews. The storage is not falsely advertised (it does contain a 32Gb SSD), useless desktop? the desktop is used for managing all the underbelly aspects of Windows RT....just like in Windows 8...seems pretty useful to me! no legacy apps, get a Pro...oh but you won't because it costs less that a MBA with the same battery life. Poor Camera...so you are one of those silly people I see holding up a tablet taking pictures? The camera is fine for Skype. Poor CPU choice? More like PROVEN CPU choice that MS isn't even taking full advantage of.

I'm surprised you didn't regurigtate the tired talking point of no apps, but I've only seen that brought up in the most idiotic of Surface reviews.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

Ahh, it took 30 posts before the "F" work came out. That's right, I'm talking about ******. The term you use for someone who doesn't agree with your opinion, right?

Take note of some of the posts here: "fanboys" are giving facts, not opinions based on an article they read. And for that matter, I don't see any fanboyism going on here. You can't just pop into a thread and say a product is "handicapped" without expecting some sort of backlash. And the backlash comes because the poster didn't have anything to back up his/her post. We're all intelligent here, list reasons why you think and feel the way you do and we can have an intelligent discussion. But coming into a thread acting like a 14 year will get you no where.

Last edited:

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
It does really seem lately that there have been a lot of negative responses in our threads. I feel like these ppl have nothing better to do than attempt to cause frustration and negativity in our communitiy.

My thoughts? I love my Surface RT. Absolutely LOVE IT. It does everything that I want it to do, I researched its capabilities before buying and made the decision based on my needs.

I sometimes wonder if Apple employs these ppl to post negative comments on their rivals threads.. what this really says to me is that Apple and its customers are scared, and to us Surface owners it makes us smile to see the big cat pee its pants. Maybe they have too much spare time because its hard to do much on that an iPad? Especially considering it can't be as productive as a Surface.

I apologize if this comes off as rude, but I'm just tired of seeing our forums bombed by these negative nancys

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss