Surface hits Retail!

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I am glad to see they are on the front page. Obviously a Microsoft requirement, but still lol that it gets less page space at Staples than the office chairs and paper. Still questioning that decision. Office Depot seems to be more focused on tech.

Digital Savior

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft probably put incentives on these as well to sell. Wouldn't surprise me to see something to $50-$100 per tablet. And if they didn't, they probably should. As great as these are, I think employees will need a push to recommend a Surface over something iOS or Android.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
yeah they have some wiggle room on these. I know back in the old days of working office stores they would ofer incentives for selling one brand over another.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
YES!!! Now I'm going to wait till it gets closer to Christmas and hope BestBuy puts out some type of bundle with accessories! Putting an item like this in retail stores will usually result in different type of incentives for consumers from each retailer. Profit margin on these devices are probably pretty low so they gotta attract us with specials and bundles :)

mas90guru

Oct 7, 2003
www.s-consult.com
My local Staples has one Surface on display. No keyboard. The screen on the surface is password locked. Very poor display of the Surface. All around there are functioning displays of Nooks and Kindle's (all working for people to try).

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I called the closest Staples to me and asked if they had one on display that I could play with, said they won't have one till next week, probably, but had them in stock.

rich4A1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I just checked out a local Staples. When I walked into the store, there is a sign saying Suface Is Here. The demo unit is on but with no internet connection, so can't try couple things. It's located somwhow odd, that it's not among other PCs, but somwhow by itself. Store associate was fairly positive toward it though, showed me those Win 8 gestures and so on, unlike those at BestBuy I encountered earlier.

I don't know it's the optically bonded display or what, but I just can't walk around without noticing that the screen on Surface looks better than all others. Staples store associate kind of agreed with me.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
My local Staples has one Surface on display. No keyboard. The screen on the surface is password locked. Very poor display of the Surface. All around there are functioning displays of Nooks and Kindle's (all working for people to try).

Did you point out to them that it was locked? That is usually an oversight which will be quickly addressed if pointed out.

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Due to the timing of all of this I cannot help but think that MS is banking on the Surface Pro being much higher demand than the RT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion