Surface hits Retail!

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
no not really. But thye have to get through this inventory so they can release a Surface 2. Dell will be out with their XPS tablet sporting next gen ARM tech in the Snapdragon S4 so inventory will move slower after that. The Surface Pro is in a completely different price point and usage scenario.

MSNY

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I went to best buy today and they had a fully functioning Surface on display, and i gotta say, i was impressed. They put it next to a Samsung ATIV tablet, but the surface looked so much better,

Kainz15

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I just picked myself up a new one from Best Buy today in Iowa after playing around with a display model for a while! It's replacing my 3rd gen iPad

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
no not really. But thye have to get through this inventory so they can release a Surface 2. Dell will be out with their XPS tablet sporting next gen ARM tech in the Snapdragon S4 so inventory will move slower after that. The Surface Pro is in a completely different price point and usage scenario.

Why wouldn't they have worked out their retail plans before releasing the RT if that was the case? And with the 360 being available in every retailer that sells electronics I don't think those partnerships would have been very difficult to negotiate, so I don't think the delay is at all unintentional. And I know that the Surface Pro is a completely different category of product, as I will be getting one in addition to my RT, but I have no doubt that they will be displayed at retail side by side.

wharfratg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Went to check out the Surface RT this weekend at Best Buy. They had it set up on the kickstand next to a Win 8 touch screen computer without any fanfare. After talking to one of the workers, she was nice enough to get a touch keyboard out from the back so that I could test drive it. However, she took it away when I was done. No one would really be interested in the Surface unless they were looking for it or stumbled upon it and figured out what it was all about.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
the reason Microsoft probably waited this long to let other retailers sell it is because they knew it would be presented in ghettoville outfits like BB where they can't display anything that isn't glued or tied down. Took the keyboard away....smh.

rich4A1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I went to a local Best Buy, and to my surprise the set up was pretty nice. It's next to the ASUS RT device (which is not functional for some reasons), with both Touch and Type Covers available for trying, and a bunch of accessories available for purchases. No store associate came to bad mouth the product when I was there.