Office 2013 Preview Still on my Surface

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
My first surface broke (internally), so they gave me a new one. I upgraded to the 64GB one. So everything transferred smoothly (love the cloud). I noticed it wasn't the newest software, and the 2013 office preview was on it, so I updated, thinking it would upgrade me to the final edition. So I updated EVERYTHING till it said Up-To-Date. Then I went to Word 2013, and it still says Word 2013 Preview!!!! I tried all of the Office RT Suite, exact same. I'm disappointed. What do I do?

vdek

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Where did you update from, the Metro based update or the Control Panel based one in desktop mode? Try both, IIRC you had to do it through the desktop based control panel...

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Where did you update from, the Metro based update or the Control Panel based one in desktop mode? Try both, IIRC you had to do it through the desktop based control panel...

I did it through the Metro based one. I'm in the Control Panel and I can't find the update option on my Surface.

Edit: NVM, I found it. Thanks for the help. These updates should be through the Live style one now.

vdek

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
It's not stupid on you at all, Microsoft made that rather confusing and some people might never even know how to update it if they turn off autoupdates... Bad design decision IMO.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
It's not stupid on you at all, Microsoft made that rather confusing and some people might never even know how to update it if they turn off autoupdates... Bad design decision IMO.

But I'm a techie, I should have figured it out. But thanks for the help!! :grin::grin:

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine only updated Tuesday before all the recent patches came through. Even though i had been checking for updates every few days they were suddenly there and needed updating before the other patches would show up.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Go to the Desktop. Then tap/click on the flag on the taskbar (which corresponds to Action Center). Open the actual Action Center window. Lower left corner will show "See Also - Windows Update". Check for updates from there.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon