Finally! A Mail update

Loxias

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Seeing a pretty nice update for my Surface today for Mail, Calendar, People and Messaging. Looks like the big update is grouping by conversation in the Mail app and the ability to respond to invitations as well.

Installing now and hoping for performance updates as well. :D

Loxias

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Had it over a month. The update is new, the version number is greater than what's on my desktop and I know it didn't have threaded email before...

johnbash612

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
If you do not see the update, open up the store, sideswipe right to left, open settings, app updates, then search for updates, it should be available after.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Grouping was already present in the mail app, but there was an update today.

The changelog / release notes still show the grouping stuff, that's probably the cause for the confusion.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This update fixed a major problem for me...

In my google apps for business account, I have a lot of sub folders. Every time prior to this update, I would get a sync error when I try to view the sub folders. I was only privy to see mail in my inbox.

Will monitor and see how it goes. Pretty happy so far.

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to stop syncing a folder? I no longer want my Outlook.com deleted emails folder to sync. Also how do I select one email and then select all? Or do you have to select one by one...?

thanks

toddpart

Jul 17, 2004
Visit site
Or hold down CTRL to select multiple individual ones. The PC carryover is certainly nice.

Or swipe right on the individual emails in your inbox/folder. They will get a checkmark and then you can action them....I prefer this method when using as a pure tablet.

Loxias

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Or swipe right on the individual emails in your inbox/folder. They will get a checkmark and then you can action them....I prefer this method when using as a pure tablet.

True, easier this way with the tablet. But we're quickly diverging from the original question of how to select them all easily/quickly. :D

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all. This was my only gripe with the mail app. My deleted folder would be filled and I didn't know of a quick way to delete them all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12