Exchange and Outlook push email in mail app

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I currently have my Office 365 based work email and my personal gmail account set up on my Surface RT. Both of them are setup to update email as it arrives. I would like to migrate my personal email to my outlook.com email. When I tried to set it up in the Surface mail app, I can only choose to update email every fifteen or thirty minutes. Does surface rt not support EAS from Outlook.com? Does the RT mail app only support two EAS accounts at one time? Anyone have any ideas?

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I currently have my Office 365 based work email and my personal gmail account set up on my Surface RT. Both of them are setup to update email as it arrives. I would like to migrate my personal email to my outlook.com email. When I tried to set it up in the Surface mail app, I can only choose to update email every fifteen or thirty minutes. Does surface rt not support EAS from Outlook.com? Does the RT mail app only support two EAS accounts at one time? Anyone have any ideas?

yeah that's weird. The mail app supports EAS on my hotmail account but does not support EAS on my outlook account. And I have 3 email accounts with EAS already added to the mail app, so the limitation of 2 EAS accounts is not true.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
yeah that's weird. The mail app supports EAS on my hotmail account but does not support EAS on my outlook account. And I have 3 email accounts with EAS already added to the mail app, so the limitation of 2 EAS accounts is not true.
I SO want to get rid of my gmail account and migrate all of my personal email to Outlook.com, but Microsoft isn't making this easy.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
So, apparently there is a limit to the number of active EAS accounts you can have in the mail app on RT. The article below indicates that the limit is three, but I found that I could only have two (I am assuming that this is because my wife also has two EAS accounts setup under her user profile). When I changed my Gmail account to check for mail manually, I was then able to change my outlook account to download as items arrive.

Surface RT, push email, as items arrive - Microsoft Community

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So, apparently there is a limit to the number of active EAS accounts you can have in the mail app on RT. The article below indicates that the limit is three, but I found that I could only have two (I am assuming that this is because my wife also has two EAS accounts setup under her user profile). When I changed my Gmail account to check for mail manually, I was then able to change my outlook account to download as items arrive.

Surface RT, push email, as items arrive - Microsoft Community

Nice find, that worked. Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb