Cut the Rope updated to Xbox Live, can't login to Live though

BinaryRuse

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
When i downloaded it on my Surface i didnt have to pay and im past the magic box which is a lot more than 10 levels.

Maybe becasue I had already purchased the game on my phone it was free on my Surface??

Yeah my guess would be that you got it for free on the surface for buying it on the phone. I bought it on my phone and I didn't get it for free on windows 8..

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
It has nothing to do with buying it on your phone. Microsoft has no method in place for that.

It's because you downloaded it when it was free. So basically, the original payment structure was getting it free, and then paying $5 as an in-app purchase to get the rest of the levels.

It appears with the switch to Xbox Live that they switched that payment structure to be $5 up front. So, if you already had downloaded it for free, you automatically get access to the full version because there's no differentiation between downloading a free app, and buying a paid app. It's kind of like when you download a free app that you 'buy it' for $0. So since it's already on your purchase history, you get free access to download it at a later date. Basically you just got lucky in this one specific case.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Soooo.. as it turns out, in this specific case, I was wrong. Cut the Rope just had another update put out and it now signs in to Live properly.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Still no love on my end >:|

Manually check for updates; open the store, swipe from the right, select settings, and then app updates, and check for updates. That generally gives you updates a few hours before you get the notification on your tile.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Mine updated, but I didn't realize was that it was going to delete my previous progress and all 825 stars. ��

bXo69

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Finally got the update tonight. And yes, a little shirty that all my progress got wiped. A good lesson learned for other titles that might adopt XBL after launch.

sexyguy360

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everybody!
I got this problem solved this moning because i also had it.
Solution:
If you are having 'Two-Step Verification' enabled on your live account then turn it off and then try to login to xbox live though windows 8 or 8.1 apps & games e.g Pinball FX2 etc.
After logging in enjoy, if you want to then re-enable the 'Two-Step Verification' and the application will ask you to authorize, then what are you waiting for? Authorize via code or what method you use and u will be eligible to sign in to xbox live and problem shall resolve!

My Facebook Profile
My Google Profile

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos