Surface Cases and Covers

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Thought we could use a thread about this. I have been looking for awhile for cases. Now I do have touch cover and like it but need a case for when I don't need the touch cover and want to protect the front and back of the Surface. There has been some new cases popping up here and there so let's share which ones you have got and if you like them.

Even though I told myself I wasn't going to buy another item again from ebay, this case looks good so I gave in and when I receive it (which will probably be in a month as it is in china) I will let you guys know how I like it.

$(KGrHqFHJEYFDL(qCwkqBQ6Ney2FLw~~60_3.JPG

Case Cover for Microsoft Surface

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
That does look pretty nice. I haven't looked much but I'd like a silicone type case that goes on the back that still allows me to use the kickstand.

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
So my case came in today. I was expecting quite a bit to be honest as it cost $30 which in my opinion is a lot of money for a case. I have to say though I couldn't be more happy with the quality, look and feel of this case. It works very nicely and doesn't add hardly any bulk to Surface. The material feels almost like a synthetic soft rubber but it is very nice. The only thing that is kind of missing is the front flap doesn't have anything to hold it in place, a magnetic holder would be amazing, even though I am pretty sure there are no magnets where there needs to be some to hold it in place, but this still doesn't bother me that much as if I really wanted to I can use the back holder and wrap it around the front to hold it in place. Either way no regrets buying it and I would recommend it to anyone.

Now I just have to wait for my Bodyguardz screen protector to come in and I'm all set and hopefully don't have to buy any other accessories for awhile.

closed1.jpgclosed2.jpgopen.jpgopen2.jpgstand.jpg

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Nice berty I like the sleeve! I bought a very plain one awhile ago just temporarily and they work great for taking it with you.

How well does the case work with the touch/type covers?
I don't have the type cover but I tried the touch and it actually worked pretty well while it was propped up. Now you can't keep both covers on, it doesn't work. But if you were wanting to keep the cover on at all times and just click the others in for typing it will work.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
So my case came in today. I was expecting quite a bit to be honest as it cost $30 which in my opinion is a lot of money for a case. I have to say though I couldn't be more happy with the quality, look and feel of this case. It works very nicely and doesn't add hardly any bulk to Surface. The material feels almost like a synthetic soft rubber but it is very nice. The only thing that is kind of missing is the front flap doesn't have anything to hold it in place, a magnetic holder would be amazing, even though I am pretty sure there are no magnets where there needs to be some to hold it in place, but this still doesn't bother me that much as if I really wanted to I can use the back holder and wrap it around the front to hold it in place. Either way no regrets buying it and I would recommend it to anyone.

Now I just have to wait for my Bodyguardz screen protector to come in and I'm all set and hopefully don't have to buy any other accessories for awhile.

View attachment 28710View attachment 28711View attachment 28712View attachment 28713View attachment 28714

These are good lookin!

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
What's the best cover to protect it from damage? My grandfather is going to buy one (he's 91!). We/He wants to spend a little bit before the nursing home takes it all away. I think a surface would be pretty easy for him to use. (any recommendations on that would be welcome too, maybe win8 device wouldn't be best?). We figure something that we might be able to Skype him with (when somebody is on vacation, since he won't be far away), we can share pictures with him and hopefully surf the net a little bit. Hopefully he can get some use out of it.

But anyways.... I want to get a case that protects the tablet if he would happen to drop it...

sharpycl

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
I bought the Elsse case reviewed on this site a few days ago. It's actually a great case. If I remember the reviewer correctly he said the case wouldn't fit the touch cover but it actually fits the touch cover quite well. Very sexy case if you like complete protection.

CDiS99

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the Nixon Surface sleeve. I paid a pretty penny last March for it at the Microsoft Store when I bought my Surface ($49.99, I believe), but it is a great sleeve with a pockets for charger, wallet, phone, whatever else you'd like to stuff in there.

I use it with my type cover and it fits snug.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel