All apps just refused to open...

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
When I booted my Surface this morning, I clicked on my email app, and it hung on the loading screen. Realizing that that is rather odd, I checked weather, CNN, Appy Geek, and all the other apps. Every single one (except AllRecipes and IE) got hung on that screen. What's the deal?

johnbash612

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming you tried another reboot and it works again? Or is totally messed still? Must just be a weird glitch in the os that happens once in a while.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I rebooted and it started working again, but CNN and my Clock Tile still don't have their Live Tiles working when they were before.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
That might've been it then. I turned it on when I plugged it into the charger. I opened the app, and it still did not update. Therefore, I would guess it's more of a software issue in relation to battery percentage. Thanks!

johnbash612

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I have issues like this once in a while too, thank goodness it takes about what, 20 seconds to reset the surface? I didn't have as many software issues with my original ipad, in fact I don't ever remember having to restart that thing, but the Surface RT is worth a restart every now and then for its boosted functionality.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I used to get that bug a lot. Haven't had it happen in over a month though, I had thought maybe the updates fixed it. Are you updated fully?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
In all honesty, it might just be a software thing. I've been careful making sure I close my apps rather than leaving them running in the background, having a lot running could be your cause? Other than that, id say just restore your firmware on your surface. Trust me, its not as bad as you'd think, Microsoft makes it real easy to get all your stuff back, just have documents backed up on a flash drive just in case!

Edit: Now that I think about it, the surface I got that problem on was my old surface... im using a new one now. Could still be software tho, try a restore

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss