Did you reserve a pro at MS Store? I've got a question.

definitely dave

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Local Staples and BB had no 128s, so I drove down to an MS store figuring I'd have a better shot. No dice.

The staff person there suggested I pickup a 64 and she'd reserve a 128 for me to exchange when a new shipment came in. She mentioned I'd get an email to confirm the reservation and then a phone call when the beast came in. While I got my receipt email for the 64 purchase almost immediately, I have yet to receive the reservation email.

So here's my question; was her understanding of the process right? How'd your reservation work?

On a side note - loving the Microsoft surface windows 8 professional tablet computer so far. Miles beyond my old iPad. Battery life is short (~4-5hrs), but I imagine I'll get a full days use out of it as a companion to my work computer and with some light use in front of the TV. It's a rare situation that I would need to use it for 5 hours straight without an ac plug near by. I'm surprised people aren't more willing to give up a few hours of battery for the added functionality and speed.

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
that's weird...
I mean, I know theres a return policy on these... but yeah, advising that they burn a device like that...

donno about the reservation, I thought they were just reserving them today, not into the future.

I would make sure your not still holding the 64gig when the return period runs out, or whatever words were said might not be honored.

definitely dave

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Agreed! I didn't want to buy the 64 at first, but they were insistent that it was alright. Glad to have had some time with the device, but feel bad for taking one out of the rotation which someone else may have actually wanted.

In the meantime I still have not received an email concerning the reservation. Tried calling the store but was routed through to a national call center. If anybody knows how the reservations at the MS store is supposed to work, I'd appreciate the info. Pulling my hair out over here.

ChrisInSD

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I was at the MS store yesterday and woman sitting next to me ordered on. They guys just explained to her that she would get a call when it came in. No mention of any email or anything (yeah, I was totally eavesdropping).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb