I'm using my Surface for event shoots

Steve Ridges

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy that my Surface is going to replace my 6 year old Dell laptop for event photo sessions. Using a 4 port hub, I've got 2 printers, Nikon D800, and a mouse hooked up to my Surface running Photoshop, Nikon Capture 2, Nikon View NX, and Photo Key (that's my green screen program). Everything works perfectly. Since the Surface is much faster than my old laptop, I'm able to capture, composite, and print each photo in about 50 seconds.

Could I have done this with an Ultrabook? Sure, but I couldn't have taken off the keyboard when I got home and lounged on the couch watching Netflix. Could I have done it with ANY other tablet? Heck no! :)

Please excuse the mess in the man cave. My wife is constantly reminding my that I'm way overdue for a clean up.
WP_20130216_002.jpg

Steve Ridges

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
how many choppers you have ?

I flew a few models when I was younger. Even had a 10 footer from Germany.

I've got two. One is a co-axial and the other is a fixed pitch. I'm not a very good pilot yet though. Seems like I've got too many hobbies and not enough time.

csd_images

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm waiting for it to come out in the UK so I can actually shoot tethered myself at events/sessions. I'll be going through dSLR Remote myself though.

What printers do you use for event work?

Steve Ridges

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for it to come out in the UK so I can actually shoot tethered myself at events/sessions. I'll be going through dSLR Remote myself though.

What printers do you use for event work?

Printers are kind of a funny thing. I was really close to buying a HiTi event printer that was about $1000 that could print in about 30 secs. The problem is that most of my event work is for charity and I didn't want to spend that kind of money since I'm not charging (besides consumables). One day, I was at Best Buy and they were having a sale on little personal printers people use with point and shoots. I looked at the specs of the Canon Selphy 780 and it looked pretty good. It's a dye sublimation printer and prints in about 1min. I bought two of them for $75 each and connect them together in a printer pool. The prints average $.42. I figured the money I saved was well worth the extra 30 seconds and with two of them going, my little photo booth hums right along. The biggest delay now is for parents to pick the background they want ��.

bliss photobooth

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I just wanna know if you already installed the DSLR Remote is it working properly as normal I mean like in the laptop as I'm planning to buy the windows surface and change my laptop but I want to make sure that the dslr remote will work properly.

Many thanks in Advance...

csd_images

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I just wanna know if you already installed the DSLR Remote is it working properly as normal I mean like in the laptop as I'm planning to buy the windows surface and change my laptop but I want to make sure that the dslr remote will work properly.

Many thanks in Advance...

Works as advertised, makes my life easier and faster than using a laptop as it's more portable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers