Seriously, where the **** are the apps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiralBorg

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone 7\8 has been available for three years, it just needs more developer attention, in the way Windows Mobile did.
Perhaps if more phone companies jump on the WP train, and make devices, that will increase the amount of apps actually avalible.
Though, we can only dream for now.......:cry:

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Need I say more?

They are not here and as for WP 7 probably never will be. So just look elsewhere.

That's what I'm doing. Your supposed to do some research before touching WP platform. I just didn't realize that they won't even get banking apps to make life easier.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Foroplex

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Im not going to get WP 8 because it has banking apps. I would go to android ( just vomited a bit in my mouth ) just to make life a bit more convenient.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Foroplex

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Need I say more?

Yes, you do need to say more. As it stands, all you have done is ask either a trolling question or just a stupid one. If there is something you want, ask about it in particular. If you just want to whine then what is the point? My response otherwise to such a loaded in question is to say they are in the store where they have been since October. As for the actual apps, they have 28,000 as of today. Other than a very few phone apps, and Photoshop Touch, which I would like to see at some point, I have yet to find something that is either not already present or available in the OS itself. I miss absolutely nothing that I had on my Transformer Prime. Even with respect to Photoshop Touch and the other Adobe touch apps, if they just port over the garbage they developed for Android I will pass. The IOS apps are robust but the Android ones are junk. Actually that can be said about a lot of Android apps when compared to IOS versions.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you do need to say more. As it stands, all you have done is ask either a trolling question or just a stupid one. If there is something you want, ask about it in particular. If you just want to whine then what is the point? My response otherwise to such a loaded in question is to say they are in the store where they have been since October. As for the actual apps, they have 28,000 as of today. Other than a very few phone apps, and Photoshop Touch, which I would like to see at some point, I have yet to find something that is either not already present or available in the OS itself. I miss absolutely nothing that I had on my Transformer Prime. Even with respect to Photoshop Touch and the other Adobe touch apps, if they just port over the garbage they developed for Android I will pass. The IOS apps are robust but the Android ones are junk. Actually that can be said about a lot of Android apps when compared to IOS versions.

Owned an RT since launch day. Got a Surface Pro on launch from my work as their test. Love the devices, and Windows RT/8.

However, if these guys expect RT to take off whatsoever, they better get their ass in gear cranking out apps people actually want and need. Where are the apps people actually NEED, if they're going I try and use RT as their primary PC? They're not there...

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Owned an RT since launch day. Got a Surface Pro on launch from my work as their test. Love the devices, and Windows RT/8.

However, if these guys expect RT to take off whatsoever, they better get their ass in gear cranking out apps people actually want and need. Where are the apps people actually NEED, if they're going I try and use RT as their primary PC? They're not there...

I have raised the same questions with other OS and in the end it comes down to the OS is new and the store has been around for just 5 months. That is not a lot of time but we are all too impatient. Give it and the developers time. If after a year there are hardly any apps then you can complain but there is no point to worry about it right now.

martinblank64

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Where are the apps people actually NEED, if they're going I try and use RT as their primary PC? They're not there...
What are some examples of apps you are talking about? Honestly, I love my Surface RT to death and it actually can replace my laptop in a pinch. I literally am not missing any apps. I have an Android phone which I also love, and much of the functionality that I added to it by downloading a few key apps, already exists in vanilla RT. The one app I was waiting on for a while was Dropbox, but it is here now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs