Faulty camera sensor?

longlifexs

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

my friend finally brought me a Surface RT from the States (I live in the Czech Republic) but when I first played with it I noticed a bunch of black pixels in every photo (see the attached pics). I cleaned the camera lens but it is still there so I guess the sensor is faulty - could anyone confirm this? Also, do you think Microsoft in, say, Germany, would repair this considering the device was purchased in the US? Thanks!

Mike

Attachments

• picture002.jpg
    picture002.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 3
  • picture003.jpg
    picture003.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 1
  • picture001.jpg
    picture001.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 1

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
looks like you got a dust particle in the camera housing or a defect on the sensor. I do believe that you should not have problems getting this exchanged. Contact Microsoft on the https://myservice.surface.com site. Register your device's serial number (under the kickstand) and then contact support. You can open a chat session with MS. Explain the problem. I am sure they will exchange it. I am not sure if shipping to your country is possible. Hope you have no problems with that.
If you live close to Germany and you happen to know a MS Store location I am also pretty sure they will exchange it for you when you explain your problem to them.
Let us know how it goes.
good luck
(I got mine exchanged twice without issues. I realize that your situation is different)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss