Office on my Surface RT disappeared! :( Any ideas to bring it back anyone?
    03-31-2013 11:24 AM
    same issue, except on windows 8 pro laptop
    03-31-2013 01:00 PM
    Found a solution :) went into ad/remove programs, turn windows features on or off, and for some reason office was magically unchecked :S
    HeyCori likes this.
    03-31-2013 01:38 PM
    thanks. it worked on my surface rt. I turned off everything, hit ok. without restart, i truned ON everything again. and magically the office is back now.
    10-05-2013 08:36 AM
    This happened to my surface RT as well. However changing the windows programs on or off thing doesn't help at all. Are there any other ways to try dealing with this issue?
    10-05-2013 03:54 PM
    This happened to my surface RT as well. However changing the windows programs on or off thing doesn't help at all. Are there any other ways to try dealing with this issue?
    I had exactly this issue the other day. I left my RT overnight having posted for help on this forum. When I went to the RT the next day and did a search for "Word", it was back albeit not pinned to Start/Taskbar. All I then did was to re-pin the Office apps to the desktop taskbar.

So whilst I'm sorry I can't be of more help, I am at least glad to know that I wasn't loosing my marbles, as well as Office, and that others have had this happen too.
    10-05-2013 05:33 PM
    I had exactly this issue the other day. I left my RT overnight having posted for help on this forum. When I went to the RT the next day and did a search for "Word", it was back albeit not pinned to Start/Taskbar. All I then did was to re-pin the Office apps to the desktop taskbar.

So whilst I'm sorry I can't be of more help, I am at least glad to know that I wasn't loosing my marbles, as well as Office, and that others have had this happen too.
    I was starting to get worried by this point as it wasn't coming back. but literally just turned on my surface and office is back. I hope this doesn't happen again or to oo many other people, because the solution appears to just be waiting.
    10-08-2013 07:16 AM