Help - Surface rt will not switch on

sportex

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
:cry:Surface rt will not switch on. When i press the button there is no response, no sign of life.

Last edited by a moderator:

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Hellllp!!!;;;

Hold the power button for 10 seconds. Let go of it. Now press and hold the power button like you were turning it on. Try that out!

VidJuhEffex

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

This may sound stupid, but I was so used to my Surface that when the recent update rolled out that increased the required "press time" to wake rolled out, I reset (I believe by holding down the volume buttons and the power button or something) TWICE. Two effing times I thought my surface was being wonky, turns out I just had to hold it slightly longer.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

This may sound stupid, but I was so used to my Surface that when the recent update rolled out that increased the required "press time" to wake rolled out, I reset (I believe by holding down the volume buttons and the power button or something) TWICE. Two effing times I thought my surface was being wonky, turns out I just had to hold it slightly longer.

oh thank god, I actually thought there has been something wrong with my button lately! Never reset the device though lol

sportex

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Hold the power button for 10 seconds. Let go of it. Now press and hold the power button like you were turning it on. Try that out!

thanks berty. Tried what you advised and it has came back to life. Is this a new thing since a recent update?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

thanks berty. Tried what you advised and it has came back to life. Is this a new thing since a recent update?

nope, its just like any other pc. If it freezes up hold their physical power buttons for around 10 seconds and they will shut down. Press it once more and its just like turning it on from off!

mattcald

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, Since I went to 8.1 I have had this issue. Whenever I plug in my Surface RT at night to charge it up, I have to do the 10 second thing EVERY morning. Seems to only do it when plugged in..

Fixedmine

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Shame it is so late to reply but I hope this email helps someone. I had the same problem and to fix it I eventually had the ITC guys where I work take out the battery and put it back in. It was a huge job to take the battery out but it worked! Before that I was being quoted ridiculous amounts of mone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss