10-23-2013 03:36 PM
240 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I am having a lot of visual artifacts when touching the screen during video playback on Netflix. The start/pause button on the keyboard works 10% of the time to start and pause videos. Solitaire is filled with glitches - if you quite out of a game, you have to completely close the app and relaunch it. Shuffle Party just doesn't load past the menu, etc. etc.
    06-29-2013 01:01 PM
    Ugh. I wish I could go back to 8.0 on my Surfact RT. 8.1 is pretty unstable and a lot of the programs I use seem to function very poorly on 8.1.
    Didn't make the 8.0 Recovery disk?

I wish I was allowed to put the ISO on my Skydrive and share it out to those who didn't.
    06-29-2013 01:16 PM

I wish I was allowed to put the ISO on my Skydrive and share it out to those who didn't.
    I did but it doesn't appear it will revert back to 8.0 from 8.1 on the Surface RT? At least I haven't been able to get it to.

Also, now I can't roll back the audio drive to fix the "audio issue" that is annoying and plagues these RT's. Sounds cuts in and out and has a "low sound filter". I guess it's my fault for installing a preview but I didn't know I couldn't roll back.
    Last edited by Tjalsma; 06-29-2013 at 01:43 PM.
    06-29-2013 01:25 PM
    I did but it doesn't appear it will revert back to 8.0 from 8.1 on the Surface RT?
    From the Windows 8.1 Preview FAQ - Microsoft Windows
    • If you're currently using Windows RT, you won't be able to uninstall Windows RT 8.1 Preview. You'll be able to upgrade to the final edition of Windows RT 8.1 when it becomes available.

The only way back to 8.0 is from a Recovery Disk from an 8.0 Surface RT. If you have a MS store nearby, you might want to pay them a visit. Take your Surface RT, at least a 4GB thumb drive and ask politely if you can make a 8.0 recovery disk from an existing Surface RT 8.0. They might let you... but no guaranties.

Then boot off the 8.0 thumb drive and refresh your Surface RT.
    Derausgewanderte likes this.
    06-29-2013 02:30 PM
    Yeah, not sure as I have a flash drive with my 8.0 backup on it and it doesn't seem to work. Oh well, they seem to be releasing a ton of updates for it so I am sure the issues will be resolved :)
    06-29-2013 02:54 PM
    From the Windows 8.1 Preview FAQ - Microsoft Windows
    • If you're currently using Windows RT, you won't be able to uninstall Windows RT 8.1 Preview. You'll be able to upgrade to the final edition of Windows RT 8.1 when it becomes available.

The only way back to 8.0 is from a Recovery Disk from an 8.0 Surface RT. If you have a MS store nearby, you might want to pay them a visit. Take your Surface RT, at least a 4GB thumb drive and ask politely if you can make a 8.0 recovery disk from an existing Surface RT 8.0. They might let you... but no guaranties.

Then boot off the 8.0 thumb drive and refresh your Surface RT.
    Why on earth wouldn't they let you?
    06-30-2013 09:31 PM

Why aren't you allowed to put the ISO up for download?
    06-30-2013 10:05 PM
    Why aren't you allowed to put the ISO up for download?
    2GB file size limit on Skydrive. The ISO is 3.4GB.
    07-01-2013 09:26 AM
    2GB file size limit on Skydrive. The ISO is 3.4GB.
    Ahh forgot about that.
    07-01-2013 10:01 AM
    I am LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG 8.1 PREVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is running near flawlessly on my Surface. Only glitch Ive had thus far is with Teamviewer........if the screen was left to sleep with Teamviewer running, I have to reboot to get my connection to remote PC back........Other than that, am loving it. Love having 2 windows of IE open, Love the new snap settings, love my new start screen with the different tile sizes, and the desktop wallpaper on start menu ties the whole thing together. Why they wouldnt have made that native in 8.0 makes no sense to me, but either way, I think the changes are fantastic, and I am impatiently waiting for Flipboard to come available.
    Chemilinski likes this.
    07-01-2013 10:02 AM
    Omg thank you for saying that!! I just realized you can have more than one window of metro ie!!!
    07-01-2013 11:04 AM
    I've been loving 8.1 also...especially having Outlook. However, I've hit my first major bug. If I plug in a second monitor via HDMI, it immediately disconnects me from wifi connectivity. This happens every time. I have to reboot to regain a connection. Anyone else experiencing this? It didn't happen prior to installing 8.1.

--Ira
    07-01-2013 10:31 PM
    Has anybody been able to sync to their Windows Phone with 8.1??? My RT with 8.1 won't even recognize my phone...
    07-01-2013 11:08 PM
    I don't know whether anybody has mentioned it previously in this post but after you have installed the 8.1 preview how much space does it take up on the Surface? I know that you need 10 Gb to install it but how much does the upgrade take?
    07-02-2013 11:36 AM
    2) Windows + S screen clipping (feature from OneNote) now opens the Search Charm. Don't know not which key is used for OneNote Clipping
    Windows +N then press S
    07-02-2013 03:50 PM
    I don't know whether anybody has mentioned it previously in this post but after you have installed the 8.1 preview how much space does it take up on the Surface? I know that you need 10 Gb to install it but how much does the upgrade take?
    I provided this answer (located on the second page). Here's the quote:

I just wanted to confirm, after running Disk Cleanup, I now have a total of 16GB free. When I started the preview update, I had a little over 12GB free. This means that the 8.1 Preview takes up LESS space than 8.0 does, to the tune of 4-5GB less.
    07-02-2013 05:00 PM
    2) Windows + S screen clipping (feature from OneNote) now opens the Search Charm. Don't know not which key is used for OneNote Clipping
    OneNote Blog - Windows 8.1 Preview and a workaround for your favorite Win+S shortcut key

Today Microsoft released the Consumer Preview for
    Windows 8.1
    , also known as Windows Blue. If you try it out you'll notice a
    lot of awesome changes. But try out the Windows + S shortcut for screen
    clipping in OneNote and you'll find it doesn't work as expected! Don't panic, a
    fix is coming soon and in the meantime, you can use the workaround below.
    07-03-2013 10:18 AM
    The update seems to have stabilized a lot of the glitchyness I've found. This scroll nicer and text doesn't take 30 min to show up in IE11
    07-03-2013 10:20 AM
    I hope they update the photos app soon so its more like the 8.0 version with SkyDrive support.
    07-03-2013 08:45 PM
    I've noticed that since updating my photo tile doesn't show any photos. I will have to investigate when I have more time.
    07-05-2013 09:49 AM
    I'm just curious if anyone else has been encountering issues with Windows RT preview 8.1. More specifically, in the metro IE11 the page swiping seems to be doing some wonky things.

Swiping right to go back a page occasionally skips multiple pages and goes back quite a few steps. Seems like when that happens and I try to go forward again, IE get confused and them loads "about:blank" page and stop there.

Totally understand that this is a preview , but just seeing if I am not alone and if anyone has managed to resole the issue.
    07-05-2013 11:14 PM
    I don't think it is the actually swiping action that has issues. I have noticed sometimes that it might go back or forward the wrong amount of pages when I try to go back or forward multiple pages. Also, I believe that when you are getting the about:blank page, you are getting it because the tab more less crashed. I'm not positive about this but that is my best guess based on my own Surface experience.
    07-06-2013 01:15 AM
    I have this issue a bunch actually, and I've also noticed some pages go to the mobile version and I cant find a way to go to the regular desktop version.
    07-06-2013 01:18 AM
    For those having problems with there photo's etc. on SD Card, right click folder of Photo's or Music, click Include in library, then select Document or Music or Pictures or Videos, then they will show up, worked fine for me adding music. Jim
    07-06-2013 06:05 AM
    Getting a ton of WiFi issues. Showing limited constantly all the day. Was fine prior to the initial update. Getting annoying.
    07-08-2013 01:34 AM
240 ... 45678 ...