10-23-2013 03:36 PM
240 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Getting a ton of WiFi issues. Showing limited constantly all the day. Was fine prior to the initial update. Getting annoying.
    Please remember it is beta.
    toddpart likes this.
    07-08-2013 01:45 AM
    WiFi has been rock solid for me. No change from 8 to 8.1.
    07-08-2013 03:45 PM
    But has anybody been able to sync to their windows phone from 8.1!?!?!?!?!
    07-08-2013 07:19 PM
    But has anybody been able to sync to their windows phone from 8.1!?!?!?!?!
    I have not. Bluetooth works but mass storage mode gives me a Drive Error. I've been meaning to contact Microsoft about it but got sidetracked with work.
    07-09-2013 08:49 AM
    I noticed that swipe back in IE11 is even more glitchy after last night's software update.
    Last edited by HeyCori; 07-10-2013 at 12:36 PM.
    07-10-2013 05:50 AM
    Mail app. broke over the weekend for me cannot sync any email accounts. Tried uninstalling it and also a refresh seems to work for awhile but then stops and will not sync accounts. wifi does seem to be iffy, sometimes works sometimes not, reconnecting works for awhile but then it gives a limited connectivity warning. Happy with most of the update, I am sure they will correct the issues and can't wait for the final release.
    07-10-2013 11:42 AM
    Had another issue today. Hit the home button and half of my app buttons were missing from the home screen. Had to do a restart to fix it. Whatever last night's update did has not made my Surface a happy camper.

On the plus side, 5 app updates that wouldn't install finally installed today.
    07-10-2013 12:38 PM
    I noticed that swipe back in IE11 is even more glitchy after last night's software update.
    Yeah, seems to have gotten worse for me too.
    07-12-2013 09:33 AM
    yeah mine has gotten worse as well. I'm also having more WiFi issues with connections becoming limited and IE keeps crashing. (Mostly tabs are just closing themselves)

Also, sometimes when I try to wake my Surface, it becomes unresponsive with the screen turned off, so I have to like hold the power button and like rapidly press it to turn back on.

Other than that, im falling in love with it all over again! <3

PS: not sure if the update fixed the problem where it will not recognize a WP plugged into it... will check when I get home from work.
    07-12-2013 09:39 AM
    The search function is unusable, it takes up to two minutes to deliver a result
    07-14-2013 12:10 PM
    Sorry , but it didn't work for me. Windows +N opens the OneNote quick note window
    The OneNote guys describe the issue and fix OneNote Blog - Windows 8.1 Preview and a workaround for your favorite Win+S shortcut key
    07-14-2013 11:41 PM
    I was having a bunch of issues with the Preview (I did a simple upgrade from 8.0), but then I decided to do a full restore (wipe everything) when I noticed a bunch of random errors in Event Viewer and that has solved the vast majority of my problems. No more Wi-Fi issues, no more glitchy apps, IE seems to be working smoother, and best of all, I cleared up several more GB of space (I now have close to 20GB free, as opposed to the 16-17GB I had after I initially installed the Preview).

I know this may not solve everyone's problems as I have read others who have refreshed their devices and saw no improvement. However, I'm not sure which option they chose, but I would recommend giving their Surface a fresh install of 8.1, especially if they upgraded from 8.0.
    07-17-2013 11:44 AM
    Seriously, swipe back in IE11 is driving me crazy. It's constantly opening new tabs. The marketplace is a pain sometimes, with apps seemingly taking longer to install/update. Some apps like Angry Birds Star Wars won't open. I know it's a beta but I wish it would stop being so annoying sometimes, lol.
    07-18-2013 10:38 AM
    Just finished loading 8.1 Will chime in with feedback as I get into it.
    07-20-2013 03:59 PM
    IE 11 is a piece of trash. Worst browser I have ever used, and I've used a lot over the past 20 years. I can't even post to this site anymore with it. It's constantly failing to load, go back, or refresh.

Being beta I expected some glitches, but I also expected it to at least be usable. Especially seeing as how with RT you can't install other browsers, getting IE right was critical and they failed big time on the most basic of functionality.
    07-21-2013 08:29 AM
    I've had minor problems my swipe still works even when I have two tabs open but with that said I usually have to refresh every few days to get good results and I am an active surface rt user about 8 hrs it gets some kind of use
    07-21-2013 08:40 AM
    Yea my search always is spazzing some days it won't open or pressing search or button won't do nothing I miss the Bing app
    07-21-2013 08:42 AM
    My phone syncs after refresh drivers crash constantly
    07-21-2013 08:43 AM
    IE 11 is a piece of trash. Worst browser I have ever used..
    Hmm I actually noticed a big issue with the "back" function. Quite often when you swipe back either it doesn't work or it freezes for a while.
    For the rest, though, I think IE 11 was an improvement over IE 10. At least on my Yoga 11 I used to have constant lagging when opening webpages, and that is gone. I think I am more relieved about that than concerned about the back function glitches that I think are going to be solved.
    07-22-2013 10:47 PM
    This has been the one thing that drives me crazy! Over all the tablet runs well for me on 8.1 but when I am on ie 11 especially this site and I swipe back a page it will almost always hangs... aside from that 8.1 runs pretty well...looking forward to the final release!
    07-23-2013 07:21 AM
    Just checked and there are 3 new 8.1 updates for Surface RT today.

UPDATE:

update.jpg

Update that improves the stability of SkyDrive in Windows 8.1 Preview http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2871052

You cannot view a webpage that contains a timer in Internet Explorer 11 Preview http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2871055

You cannot view a webpage that contains a timer in Internet Explorer 1Update for Windows 8.1 Preview that enables service metadata packages to work correctly1 Preview http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2870257
    HeyCori likes this.
    07-23-2013 02:27 PM
    With the price drop and availability of f 8.1 Preview, I decided to get a Surface RT again. Immediately upon getting it, I installed 8.1, so I can't really compare the overall performance to 8.0, but I don't have any complaints, except IE 11. It appears to be very slow at times. For example, when using Google Email through the browser, it's almost unusable as switching between folders, moving emails, takes 10-15 seconds sometimes. Has anyone else experienced performance issues with IE11? My CMW-equipped Nook HD+, which is much slower overall, has no issues like that. I know it's beta, but I'm just wondering if I should try resetting from scratch, or is it a known issue, hopefully to be solved prior to official release.

I do have to say I like all the improvements over 8.0, makes it a much more polished product.
    07-25-2013 11:39 AM
    this is probably more of Google using non standard HTML extensions than anything.
    07-25-2013 11:46 AM
    No, IE11 is just flat out trash. I didn't have any major issues with IE10. As I've mentioned before, 11 is the worst browser I have ever used. Not even MSN and Bing work right. And with the Surface RT, I'm stuck with it, which makes it 10x more irritating.

Other than that, I'm generally happy with the changes in 8.1. But a tablet without a solid browser is next to worthless. They need to make fixing it priority #1.
    07-26-2013 08:26 AM
    No, IE11 is just flat out trash. I didn't have any major issues with IE10. As I've mentioned before, 11 is the worst browser I have ever used. Not even MSN and Bing work right. And with the Surface RT, I'm stuck with it, which makes it 10x more irritating.

Other than that, I'm generally happy with the changes in 8.1. But a tablet without a solid browser is next to worthless. They need to make fixing it priority #1.
    I take it you haven't used many browsers.

Although I can throw up another example od tis not being a perfect upgrade yet. I'm getting occasional on screen keyboard lag here. Very few other places, and not all the time, but a decent enough tome to be annoying.
    07-26-2013 08:36 AM
240 ... 56789 ...