Windows 8.1 Preview for RT

willybraatlund

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
The New update Works like a charm. My first impression was that is were so much faster. Now the apps are opened and closed in an Instant, and Explorer is faster! And the settings and other Things just looks more polished. I also love the start screen, with the new tile sizes. Just perfect! Love my surface so much more!!
Screenshot (2).jpg

gilezzz

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Agree. The impression I have is that everything is slightly smoother and more logic. The Store is way better than before, and the choice to boot to desktop / show apps list when hitting home / use same background image as desktop, I think they will be really much appreciated by those who have a device without touch screen

gilezzz

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Question: where is the Bing app? i loved the beautiful images!

Edit: i got it: i open bing.com in the browser, then pin it to Start, and it will automatically activate the live tile. Nice

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, since ive updated to 8.1 the Windows Phone app is no longer recognizing that my 928 is plugged in... anybody else have this problem?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Finally installed this morning. Didn't get to play with it long before leaving for work but the changes.... they're good!

Shawn Keating

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Great. I may be the first person that Windows 8.1 royally screwed. It was going through the install fine then it restarted and when it comes up now, it just has a blue screen and says, "Your PC needs to be repaired. The Boot Configuration Data file is missing some required information. File: \BCD Error code: 0xc000000d"

Same thing happened to me on one of our three surfaces. It happened to be the only one with multiple users that failed exactly the same. Curious, did your surface have multiple users accounts?

kamikazimunkey

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
No it didn't. I just had my user profile on it. I have spoken with tech support and they said that the recovery usb can be created from any surface rt and used on the bad one, so you can probably create from another one. If you do create that and have a way to upload it, I would love to be able to download it from you.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
The update went smooth on my 32GB Surface RT. Most things feel a little more responsive and snappy - but some apps still feel like they are slow to launch the first time.

Outlook RT is fantastic! I can now use my Surface as a laptop replacement when I travel! Yahoo!

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Anybody having this issue replying to threads on wpcentral?

Using the metro IE after pressing enter to create a new line in the post, there is a significant lag when typing and when the letters show up. I switched to the desktop IE and it is much beter, but still a of lag time between when pressing the key and the letter showing.

If i used the metro IE, it is almost unusable to post something on wpcentral. Anybody else have this issue>?

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Encountered a bug today. I was watching a HD movie with Netflix and went back to the start screen. Tiles were a jumbled mess. A restart and all is normal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte