I've been a bit disappointed to find out that the video or audio streaming on some websites doesn't work any longer after the update:
    • PPTV (pptv.com): living in China, I use this website to watch some live things like F1. When I try to watch something now the player is just pitch black
    • deejay.it: I listen to the live streaming from this radio station from their website. Not working any longer

I haven't tried other websites so far, has anybody experienced similar issues?
    06-29-2013 05:52 AM
    Hey,

In metro mode it seems to work fine for me. Maybe it is an issue with Win RT's IE 11. Sorry for the huge image, but as you can see it is working.

untitled.jpg

Have you tried this Windows RT Flash Player Tool brings Flash content to your Surface browser | Windows Phone Central
    There is a list which you can maintain for websites. Google it, there are a lot of links available.
    gilezzz likes this.
    06-29-2013 06:28 AM
    well I think you shouldnt have updated because this is a problem that happens often when you run into new versions of IE.
    go to adobe flash site and check your flash version. Encontrar la versin

you will see it doesn't even recognize your browser. well it says "none" to me in both IE versions. so im sure it happens all people.t
    here is no compatibility button anymore, but what I do its go to compatibility view setting (in tools), and when I add adobe, it recognizes im using IE.

so you can test adding those sites to compatibility list thing, because there are always problems using beta versions of IE, it has happened before with other IE versions.
    like I use veetle and it doesn't pick the plugin for "hd" and uses flash version, but once I added site to the list, it worked not perfect, but better. some stuff doesn't work the same in site if its in compatibility list.
    Twitch chat doesn't work, but the video works, it seems it wont work in list or not.
    grooveshark works only if you put it on the list as well, or use the crappy html5 site.
    so putting things in compatibility list wont make everything works, but it might help. for example if a site has disqus, disqus wont work if its in compatibility list. so it might fix or break things as well :P

so you can try compatibility list and see if it works, also you can use F12 tools to emulate other IE versions but in IE11 its not the same as older versions, because once you close it, it will refresh IE and go back to IE11. and F12 tools aren't something you can use in modern IE.
    the compatibility list, even thought you do it in desktop, it will also reflect changes in modern IE once you refresh.
    KrugMonster and gilezzz like this.
    06-29-2013 07:04 AM
    thanks for the prompt answer and for the advice!

@crash1989: thanks for the screenshot. well what you see is the advertisement, which I can see as well. After the advertisement, though, the actual streaming doesn't work.

@_Emi_ Thanks, I will have a look and see if I find anything. I am not so worried actually because it all worked fine before the update so I am sure it is just a "youth" issue of 8.1
    06-29-2013 07:13 AM
    I put pptv in compatibility list and now the streaming is ok. Thanks a lot _Emi_ !!

For other people to use:
    To open the compatibility list, in the desktop browser press ALT to view the menu bar, then in the "tools" menu there is the "compatibility view settings". Add the site and try.
    06-29-2013 07:49 AM
    thanks for the prompt answer and for the advice!

@crash1989: thanks for the screenshot. well what you see is the advertisement, which I can see as well. After the advertisement, though, the actual streaming doesn't work.

@_Emi_ Thanks, I will have a look and see if I find anything. I am not so worried actually because it all worked fine before the update so I am sure it is just a "youth" issue of 8.1
    Problem with Chinese :D ... dont understand it, I thought it was the video haha
    06-29-2013 08:17 AM
    I put pptv in compatibility list and now the streaming is ok. Thanks a lot _Emi_ !!

For other people to use:
    To open the compatibility list, in the desktop browser press ALT to view the menu bar, then in the "tools" menu there is the "compatibility view settings". Add the site and try.
    oh, im glad I could help you n_n! and your site worked with compatibility mode.

I really wonder if old compatibility button will be in final release, but if its not there, that "compatibility view settings" is the only way to fix it. since IE11 is having trouble when it comes to site with plugins, not even adobe site can tell you are using IE, until you are in compatibility mode.
    but I dont think that will be a long term problem, but its something you will have do deal often now that you have 8.1 preview. so its good to know I could show you how to fix it :)

but anyway! good I helped and i made my good action for today, and now you are happy your site is working (I guess :P).

take care and byebye!
    06-29-2013 11:42 AM
    I was having the same problem but now it works thanks if I have any other problems I will be sure to let you know _Emi_ thanks again
    09-01-2013 03:08 AM