Brand new surface pro with backlight bleeding

sneak3

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello.

It kills me to admit that my brand new $ 1200 surface pro has some light bleeding around the botton right and right areas of the screen.

Ive looked it up a but and it seems that this was an earlier issue so I actually didnt think there would be a chance I would end up facing this problem. I havent seen any complaints throughout may-june.

Here are 2 pics:

First one is with the place lit at the boot screen.

2gy7hif.jpg

Second one is with lights out, black image on full screen.

2lc01p3.jpg

They are both with brightness at 100%, but it really doesnt make that much differene if it's set to 50%.

What do you guys think? I shouldnt be expecting those right? I know that people had much worse bleeds once, but that was before.

I also dont want to keep exchanging till I get a good one, that's too much of a hassle. So if you tell me that all of them are probably be the same I wont exchange.

It bugs me that such an expensive device would present this kind of irritating and ugly problem after 6 months in production.

Last edited by a moderator:

frypiggy

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion, this looks a lot like monitors/laptops our school receives. 100% shipping/damage problem. You should NOT tolerate an issue like this with a $1200 unit. Call them up and politely ask a lot of questions about how you should handle replacing it. All the best with getting your Surface replaced with a new one.

ioaniro

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I got a pro too and it has the same kind of bleed. Not as strong as yours on the right side but visible at boot time. It never bothered me in normal usage so didn't gave it any thought. I'm trying to use the pro as main computer and notebook so I've been using it a lot and never noticed the bleed other than if I put a full black image on with a high brightness.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Is it your intention to stare at the start up screen all the time or actually use the device? All backlit screens are subject to some degree of bleed - on some it is a bit more noticeable but it is a fact of life on all. If it affects your use of the device then take it back. If not, then decide whether you bought the device to use or to pursue start up screen perfection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos