How do I ... ?

DuncanF62

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
A quick question about the Photo Viewer in Desktop mode. I was looking at some pictures from SkyDrive in WPV on the Desktop and clicked to show them in "slideshow" mode. Then I was stuck as I did not have a keyboard attached to the RT. Try as I may, prodding al over the screen, I could not get the onscreen kbd to show. No screen, no "ESC" key to get out of slideshow mode. 800 pictures later it finished .... ;)

So ... how do I do this, or am I stuck without a kbd attached. I know, I could open in the Photo app, but that needs a right click. Is there a way to get the Photo app to use my SkyDrive photo folder as one of its' libraries? Thanks.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
A quick question about the Photo Viewer in Desktop mode. I was looking at some pictures from SkyDrive in WPV on the Desktop and clicked to show them in "slideshow" mode. Then I was stuck as I did not have a keyboard attached to the RT. Try as I may, prodding al over the screen, I could not get the onscreen kbd to show. No screen, no "ESC" key to get out of slideshow mode. 800 pictures later it finished .... ;)

So ... how do I do this, or am I stuck without a kbd attached. I know, I could open in the Photo app, but that needs a right click. Is there a way to get the Photo app to use my SkyDrive photo folder as one of its' libraries? Thanks.

Did you try pushing the Windows logo bottom center of the screen along the bezel?

gilezzz

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm have you tried with a long tap on the screen? That brings up the "right-click" menu.
Just tap and hold, you will see a square appearing, then lift the finger and you will see the right-click menu.

DuncanF62

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm have you tried with a long tap on the screen? That brings up the "right-click" menu.
Just tap and hold, you will see a square appearing, then lift the finger and you will see the right-click menu.
Excellent! Right click -> Exit it is. Thanks!

And adding the SkyDrive folder to the pictures library for the Photos app to see is just the standard MS library "add folder" interface ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo