A quick question about the Photo Viewer in Desktop mode. I was looking at some pictures from SkyDrive in WPV on the Desktop and clicked to show them in "slideshow" mode. Then I was stuck as I did not have a keyboard attached to the RT. Try as I may, prodding al over the screen, I could not get the onscreen kbd to show. No screen, no "ESC" key to get out of slideshow mode. 800 pictures later it finished .... ;)

So ... how do I do this, or am I stuck without a kbd attached. I know, I could open in the Photo app, but that needs a right click. Is there a way to get the Photo app to use my SkyDrive photo folder as one of its' libraries? Thanks.
    07-22-2013 05:00 PM
    A quick question about the Photo Viewer in Desktop mode. I was looking at some pictures from SkyDrive in WPV on the Desktop and clicked to show them in "slideshow" mode. Then I was stuck as I did not have a keyboard attached to the RT. Try as I may, prodding al over the screen, I could not get the onscreen kbd to show. No screen, no "ESC" key to get out of slideshow mode. 800 pictures later it finished .... ;)

So ... how do I do this, or am I stuck without a kbd attached. I know, I could open in the Photo app, but that needs a right click. Is there a way to get the Photo app to use my SkyDrive photo folder as one of its' libraries? Thanks.
    Did you try pushing the Windows logo bottom center of the screen along the bezel?
    07-22-2013 05:43 PM
    Did you try pushing the Windows logo bottom center of the screen along the bezel?
    Yup. I was able to get back into Metro, but not able to get out of Photo Viewer when I returned to Desktop.
    07-22-2013 07:03 PM
    Hmmm have you tried with a long tap on the screen? That brings up the "right-click" menu.
    Just tap and hold, you will see a square appearing, then lift the finger and you will see the right-click menu.
    11B1P likes this.
    07-22-2013 09:41 PM
    Hmmm have you tried with a long tap on the screen? That brings up the "right-click" menu.
    Just tap and hold, you will see a square appearing, then lift the finger and you will see the right-click menu.
    Excellent! Right click -> Exit it is. Thanks!

And adding the SkyDrive folder to the pictures library for the Photos app to see is just the standard MS library "add folder" interface ...
    11B1P likes this.
    07-23-2013 02:18 AM