Why are non-Surface (mostly Apple people) users angry about this product? When I read any articles about the Surface, be it about price drop or whatever is out there, Fruit supporters seem to yell the loudest and seem more angry in the comment section, while the Pro-supports just seem kind of laid back.

It's like the Fruit people want to me angry for us when we're not even upset at all.

Someone enlighten me. Thanks!
    08-09-2013 08:20 AM
    You only need to have a look at the Apple Propaganda thread to find some answers.

Apple fans making excuses that because their favoured products are for simple people they sell more.
    08-09-2013 08:25 AM
    I wish I could tell you. There is currently no touch screen iMacs or MacBooks (correct me if I am wrong) and the Surface Pro stands tall with a MacBook Pro. I am a proud owner of a Surface Pro but I still may pick up a second tablet for primarily consumption.
    08-09-2013 08:32 AM
    Why are non-Surface (mostly Apple people) users angry about this product?
    Tribalism, pure and simple.

Similar situation on the Hyundai forums I post on (yes, I drive a Hyundai, so what?) They hate Honda owners. You go over to the Honda forum, they hate Hyundai and Toyota. You pick a platform, you associate it as somehow being a reflection of you, and when others criticize the platform (or brag about their own), you take it as a personal affront. The biggest fanboys are the worst offenders.
    08-09-2013 08:53 AM
    I wish I could tell you. There is currently no touch screen iMacs or MacBooks (correct me if I am wrong) and the Surface Pro stands tall with a MacBook Pro. I am a proud owner of a Surface Pro but I still may pick up a second tablet for primarily consumption.
    Surface Pro and Macbooks are two different products though. Surface Pro is for people who don't mind a smaller screen and need/want the advantages of a tablet at the same time. Macbooks are for those who don't need/want the tablet experience and prefer a classic clamshell experience.

I think your second sentence explains a key problem with either Surface product: too big/heavy for most people to replace devices like the Nexus 7. Also, it doesn't have good enough keyboard and mouse setup to replace a good laptop, esp. if you use it on your couch all the time. I wish MS would also make a keyboard/touchpad that made the Surface products act more like laptops when docked.
    separry51 likes this.
    08-09-2013 09:06 AM
    Surface Pro and Macbooks are two different products though. Surface Pro is for people who don't mind a smaller screen and need/want the advantages of a tablet at the same time. Macbooks are for those who don't need/want the tablet experience and prefer a classic clamshell experience.

I think your second sentence explains a key problem with either Surface product: too big/heavy for most people to replace devices like the Nexus 7. Also, it doesn't have good enough keyboard and mouse setup to replace a good laptop, esp. if you use it on your couch all the time. I wish MS would also make a keyboard/touchpad that made the Surface products act more like laptops when docked.
    Yes...the Surface scores LOW on the "couchability" factor...that's for sure...
    08-09-2013 11:17 AM
    Because they're jealous. Seriously, Surface is meant for business people on the go, not for on-the-couch people!

How could you compete with the Surface Pro? You can't!

And Macintosh could come up with something to compete but then that would show defeat proving that Surface Pro is an innovative product but yet Macintosh is 'known' for being innovative.

And if you like the Windows 8 experience on your couch, there are several options!
    08-09-2013 11:27 AM
    And when apple releases a tablet on par with the surface pro, the media will go wild with praise, as if apple was the first to do it
    08-09-2013 11:32 AM
    And when apple releases a tablet on par with the surface pro, the media will go wild with praise, as if apple was the first to do it
    Palm supporters know this all to well. Palm broke ground on a number of things and when another, more popular, platform copied the tech reporters praised the copiers.
    xandros9 and pdch like this.
    08-10-2013 06:57 PM
    Apple is great at releasing mass products that people will love and find easy to use. The tablet market, before apple, was a niche. Apple redefined the market as a market that should primarily be for entertainment purposes, or attaining information, without compromising on ease. Apple decided on a few basic things with the ipad, price, weight, ease of use, and battery life. Before them no one did the four better with a touch screen. They redefined the market.

Microsoft's problem is part product and part marketing.

The Surface, yes, a fantastic business device. But for the tablet market this is secondary, not first. This means their product goes after a niche. MS likes to develop products that appeal to the masses and this product isn't for the masses.
    Second, because MS is use to developing products that are king in the markets they enter. The marketing pushes this. They push the surface pro as the best tablet, period. They push it as a tablet and as a tablet it isn't that great. Half the battery life, twice as heavy, not as portable, double the price, big, and only a percentage of the entertainment benefit as apple or android without compromising on ease.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    08-11-2013 07:43 AM
    The Surface Pro is a competitor to the Macbook Air and the RT is a competitor to the iPad. Marketing it any other way is just plain dumb.
    tgp likes this.
    08-12-2013 10:14 AM
    AMEN - I can see Mossberg's headline now - "Apple Releases the First Truly Productive Tablet"
    08-26-2013 08:03 AM
    Why are non-Surface (mostly Apple people) users angry about this product?
    If the Surface Pro would have been an apple/osx tablet product, would they be angry? I don't think so, that's just how fanboys behave.
    08-29-2013 08:03 AM
    If the Surface Pro would have been an apple/osx tablet product, would they be angry? I don't think so, that's just how fanboys behave.
    Paul Thurrott said it brilliantly when reviewing the Surface Pro a week after the June 2012 Microsoft Preview - "If this (the Surface) had been an Apple product the applause would still be going today."
    08-29-2013 12:42 PM
    yeah, this is so true. Apple it really baffles me as to how whatever Apple does is seen as the greatest thing ever, even when is isnt Apple who first introduced it.
    09-02-2013 08:31 AM