Skinning my Surface RT

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Nice - I bought a couple of skins from Decalgirl.com

The good thing is they are really cheap $7 a skin but have a great finish and are easy to remove and replace and don't require any heating as they are just vinyl. They also come with matching desktop wallpaper to match the skin on the lockscreen and metro background with 8.1 preview. And they also have hundreds of choices including a make your own option. If you ever decide to skin anything else would highly recommend them.

I live in the UK but have had skins shipped over for numerous devices from the US in a week and never had any issues.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I got the decal girl red flame one when my first RT tablet showed signs of logo-wear.

I was bummed when I needed to exchange it for another one after it decided to brick itself after installing an update

My replacement has not shown the signs of logo-wear, so I am not going to re-skin it at this time

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I got the decal girl red flame one when my first RT tablet showed signs of logo-wear.

I was bummed when I needed to exchange it for another one after it decided to brick itself after installing an update

My replacement has not shown the signs of logo-wear, so I am not going to re-skin it at this time

I did notice that when I swapped skins the windows logo came off with the skin - im guessing it can only be an airbrushed aluminium transfer - otherwise it would last longer.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I picked up these two and I swap them round once a month.
misu-grid.jpgmisu-armor01.jpg
Went through a period of getting asked if I got a new tablet every month.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
So the decal arrived. Here is my new look surface with the decal applied - I kept the front decal-free

Attachments

• WP_000214.jpg
    WP_000214.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre