Calendar & email sync nightmare: WP8, WinRT and OSX

ChimeraX73

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I have been using Gmail since the start, and even have a Google domain which is used for my primary email, calendar, and contacts.

On my Windows Phone, I can access Outlook.com and Gmail services just fine for email, calendar, and contacts.
On my Surface RT, I am unable to configure the calendar app to access my Gmail calendar at all. Email and contacts work fine.
On my OSX laptop, I am unable to configure the email, calendar, or contacts apps to access Outlook.com.

I'll obviously leave my Gmail email and contacts alone as they work on everything.

I'd really like a single calendar that I can access on all three devices though, as it's a pain having to use the web version on either the Surface RT or laptop depending on which calendar I choose.

Is there a simple solution to this?

gazmatic

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
google killed gmail calendar to windows a while back... so your out of luck

google is not playing nice with windows 8

google killed active sync to non premium customers and the dropped caldav and carddav support in favor of their own propriety stuff

it is a dangling carrot game with MS

they absolutely REFUSE to support windows 8 and windows phone...

you're out of luck

either stay in the android realm or migrate to outlook

Last edited:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft is working to get CalDAV and CardDAV working across all their devices so Gmail will continue to sync fine. Google is not doing the same for Microsoft's Exchange ActiveSync. Why, you may ask? Depends on your viewpoint. It's either because Google only wants to support "non-proprietary" formats and avoid any licensing issues with Microsoft, or it's because neither side can act like adults and support both formats.

Matt J

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
There are rumours of rumours that CalDAV and CardDAV support will be included soon with the upcoming official release of Windows 8.1. This should then allow Google Calendar to to by synced just fine.

Matt J

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Good news! There is an app in the Windows Store that can now sync Google Calendar, Exchange, Facebook, Hotmail, Live and Outlook all in one!!!

It's called OneCalendar

The developer is Blue Edge

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss