XBox music on surface RT not downloading songs

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
So two days ago, i was able to add albums to my collection and then download for offline use with no issues.

Yesterday i had some firmware updates that were installed because i had refreshed my surface RT so that it would recognize my 1020. So i installed with no issues.

So yesterday, i added an album to my collection no problem, but when i tried to download, it wouldnt download. It would just sit on 20 songs remaining. Now, my settings is set so that if i add an album to my collection, it downloads automatically on another device which is my laptop. So it started downloading on my laptop with no issues, but can't on the RT.

My sub doesnt expire until December and my internet is fine. Not sure what the problem is though, anybody else run into this problem? any solutions?

Another question, how come some albums have songs missing from them? When i try to add to collection and it adds, i go through the track list and some songs are missing. So i deleted and tried searching again and even when i look at the tracklist before adding to collectinos those songs are still missing. any reason for that?

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I just tried it - initially thought I had the same problem as you, but then they started to download.

It did seem pretty convoluted to get them to download - first you add to your collection - then you download them from elsewhere. Why not have the option to download straight away?

Nemoc

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. My Surface stucks of downloading / sign in..

Did some figure out how to fix that?

EDIT:
I found something in the MS Forums who could help:
xbox music issues - Microsoft Community

I tried it and it looks much better in this moment. He could now log in and is working on addin the songs to the list. Hope the download works too :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12