Portrait mode and wireless keyboard

shankha29

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am an academic researcher. We currently have education pricing offer for Surface RT and I am thinking whether to buy one or not. I have 2 queries:

1. I need to read a lot of papers which are in pdf A4 format. Is there any app which helps in annotating PDFs? Also one critical factor is that such an app should work on portrait mode.
2. Related to the above, does dropbox work the same way as in Win8. Will I be able to sync a complete folder or will i need to download the file every time, work on it and then upload it back again?
3. An unrelated query, should I go for the touch cover or should i buy a wireless keyboard. The touch cover is for SG $70. Whereas a wireless keyboard will cost less than half as much.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
2. Related to the above, does dropbox work the same way as in Win8. Will I be able to sync a complete folder or will i need to download the file every time, work on it and then upload it back again?
Not something I've used. I moved to SkyDrive which works very well due to being nicely integrated. In the upcoming Windows 8.1 update it will also store a local copy of the files so you can work on them offline.
3. An unrelated query, should I go for the touch cover or should i buy a wireless keyboard. The touch cover is for SG $70. Whereas a wireless keyboard will cost less than half as much.
I'd try typing on the touch cover. It's probably OK for a lot of people, but I just couldn't get on with it at all. I now use a Microsoft Wedge keyboard and I'm much happier.

shankha29

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.

Just wanted a response to the first query. I use Win8 on my laptop. So I checked out the modern UI Adobe reader app. It has some basic annotation tools which I can make do with (have to make some compromises at this price). However can someone tell me if this app works on portrait mode and when it displays an A4 paper on a single screen, it is at what level of zoom?

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.

Just wanted a response to the first query. I use Win8 on my laptop. So I checked out the modern UI Adobe reader app. It has some basic annotation tools which I can make do with (have to make some compromises at this price). However can someone tell me if this app works on portrait mode and when it displays an A4 paper on a single screen, it is at what level of zoom?

Adobe Reader Touch and Reader both work in portrait, both fit the document to screen, if it were viewed as a single page, it will have borders at top and bottom because of the screen ratio and texts at 12pt will be fairly hard to read. You could always zoom and change the view mode to continuous if the document has lots of pages.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans