Why surface RT is the best tablet and what people don't know it can do.

cooltaj

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I was skeptical about getting a supposedly “dead” horse or whatever the journalist claims. These journalist have no first hand experience with the device to come to that rash conclusion. Most of them have Apple and Google’s private parts deep in their rear for them to decide on a product.....

<link deleted by moderator>

Last edited by a moderator:

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I have had a Surface RT since last December and, although I long for a snappier processor, I agree with everything you said. Other people that I know that actually own an RT feel the same way. The only people that seem to be confused by this product are tech journalists.

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
They need to put the RDP in a commercial and flash browser content. I had my Surface RT streaming ESPN3 (actual site, not a damn app) Goal Line on the coffee table while watching games last Saturday. It lasted about seven hours even after I had uses it for a few hours earlier in the day.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I was skeptical about getting a supposedly “dead” horse or whatever the journalist claims. These journalist have no first hand experience with the device to come to that rash conclusion. Most of them have Apple and Google’s private parts deep in their rear for them to decide on a product.....

A case for Surface RT. And Why it is better than anything out there. | BlissLabz

You missed a couple of big ones off - Native support for remote desktop. I can play games from steam on my surface RT for example.

Also a big one for me in meetings - I can set my RT up on its kickstand and record the entire meeting with the front camera while having word open to take notes or powerpoint open giving presentations while connected to a projector. Its amazing being able to watch presentations back and guage the reactions of those around the table - something you cant do while actually presenting.

Daniel Gandolfo

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Remote desktop connection works brilliantly out of the box on the RT! This in itself adds so much to what the RT can do. And don't even mention Skype which turns the RT into a phone!!!! I cannot think of a smart phone or tablet which can do as much as the RT.

I have had mine for three weeks now and I really appreciate the build quality and the materials used for the casing and switches. It is a high end quality product and who can argue with a price of ?350 for 64GB version.

Last edited:

cooltaj

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
You missed a couple of big ones off - Native support for remote desktop. I can play games from steam on my surface RT for example.

Also a big one for me in meetings - I can set my RT up on its kickstand and record the entire meeting with the front camera while having word open to take notes or powerpoint open giving presentations while connected to a projector. Its amazing being able to watch presentations back and guage the reactions of those around the table - something you cant do while actually presenting.
I haven't used Remote Desktop yet. I just got mine two days ago. Do you have a use-case or a link which I can use to set it up and use etc.?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05