A Lumia, a surface rt and syncing

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
This has actually been bugging me since I had my Lumia 920 and 1020 and I finally decided to ask it now. Whenever I hook my Lumia 928 up to the surface rt it is never visible. The windows phone app doesn't pick up a connection nor do I see it as an option to drag and drop files.

Now I'm running windows 8.1 rt preview and this only started happening since I ran it on my surface rt but I am wondering is it possible to fix the issue I am having so I can adequately sync files.

videian

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Question as a new WP8 user (lumia 1020) and just received my surface rt yesterday, what are they supposed to sync? I can not find any kind of built in sync or connect-ability between the two.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the windows phone app installed? Do you unlock your phone with password once connected???

I have a 920 and surface rt running 8.0. I don't have an issue connecting the two devices. I manually transfer media and files using the desktop mode.

Number one, unlock your phone or the device will not be accessible by computer. Second, make sure you have the right application set to open when the device is plugged in. It can be set to none, the desktop, the WI does phone app, etc. Third, I think the app handles syncing, but I'm am not sure what is involved... Are you looking for iTunes like syncing? (yuck, sorry... I just hate I tunes... Won't Even use it on my mac...)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
is there a particular place to turn this functionality on? Is it 8.1 only? (still running 8)
it shouldn't need to be turned on. If you have the app installed, it will be visible as soon as you connect your windows phone to the surface.

Some of us are using windows 8.1 beta so the app does not work for us yet. But since you're on windows' 8 you should be fine.

videian

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Don't have the windows phone app installed, I guess that was my breakdown, did not know there was one... will give it a go

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos