White only?

plink212

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Does this only come in white? Is this targeted at the white watch, white sunglasses crowd?
Also why is there a garish surface logo on the kick stand? Was there a lot of confusion between the original surface and other products?

ShaunKL

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
White can come across a little more playful. I believe they're showing off the white and also using a normal color Surface Pro to contrast between the two products. I'd almost have to see a white one in person to make a decision but I still think I'm going for black.

Edit: I think the new logo on the kickstand is so people are more like, "Ooh Surface" instead of "Eww Windows".

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
So is this not going to be available in all black at all? People are going to think I'm an ***** but I really don't like the 2 tone idea. In fact, if I can't get this in black, I may end up just saving money and getting the original Surface. I want a Surface 2 in all black. Thought it was the best looking piece of tech I'd seen in a loooong while. Are the backs replaceable?

ShaunKL

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
The Surface 2 is unibody and then the kickstand. So it isn't interchangeable. It does look like it only comes in "white" but I think in normal lighting it won't be as loud. Most of the pictures I've seen have had it blasted with light.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Interesting comment about the Surface logo being garish. I would never argue someone's taste, but does anyone else feel the same way? I think it looks very nice. Also, I agree with the opinion above about replacing the Windows logo. Good move.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
The Surface 2 is unibody and then the kickstand. So it isn't interchangeable. It does look like it only comes in "white" but I think in normal lighting it won't be as loud. Most of the pictures I've seen have had it blasted with light.
It is a 3-piece magnesium, so I am speculating this may appear in different color sometime in the future.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Interesting comment about the Surface logo being garish. I would never argue someone's taste, but does anyone else feel the same way? I think it looks very nice. Also, I agree with the opinion above about replacing the Windows logo. Good move.

It was mentioned why it is what it is- because of user feedback. So, Microsoft listened.

Can't please everyone. Just use a skin. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro