View Poll Results: Are you going to buy a Microsoft Surface 2 Tablet?

Voters
208. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

127 61.06%
  • No

34 16.35%
  • Undecided

47 22.60%
12-06-2013 08:19 PM
162 12345 ...
tools
    I want a Surface 2, but the price and the lack of 128GB option are trying to turn me off. I might have to settle for the Surface RT since I know that the price is only going down.

...But I want that VaporMg color.
    HeavyHanded likes this.
    09-27-2013 08:41 PM
    I really understand that they must make a profit, but they should sell it with a touch cover bundled in. Yes, I will be buying it but during holiday season.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    09-28-2013 06:40 PM
    Pre-ordered a Surface 2 with black Type Cover 2, so just like the RT I'll be getting mine day 1.

I really understand that they must make a profit, but they should sell it with a touch cover bundled in. Yes, I will be buying it but during holiday season.
    Or at least lower the price of the covers. Wasn't there an article around the time the Surface RT came out that said the touch and type covers only cost Microsoft a few dollars to make? I agree though, one of the biggest confusions is marketing the Surface with the keyboard but not bundling it.
    09-30-2013 04:00 PM
    I was going to wait till Apple's and Nokia's announcement but a friend got me the MS student discount. Can't beat the 64GB for under $500. Now I'm debating whether I get the touch or type cover, or wait till blue is available?
    09-30-2013 04:41 PM
    Just signed up to this forums just to say I'm very impressed with the S2 presentation and pre-ordered mine.

I own 3 Android tablets and will never again. Hoping for a good experience with W8 RT
    09-30-2013 06:09 PM
    I want a Surface 2, but the price and the lack of 128GB option are trying to turn me off. I might have to settle for the Surface RT since I know that the price is only going down.

a lot of people are currently selling their RT's on ebay. You should get one there. I will be putting mine, and will probably get 250+. They are flawless. people took care of it so they can resell it when 2 comes out. And here it is, and my RT is going on ebay soon.
    09-30-2013 06:54 PM
    For $200 for a new RT, I would get it over the new Surface 2. But unless that deal pops up again, I'm maintaining my preorder for the Surface 2. The lack of storage is annoying, but being able to throw in a 64GB card will help things out tremendously. I also preordered a touch cover from Best Buy as well.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    10-01-2013 07:18 AM
    I just preordered mine from Bestbuy! I'm Pretty excited about this product! Really Enjoyed the RT, but wanted a little more juice...when web browsing. Hopefully this one will be the ticket!
    10-02-2013 03:43 PM
    i just hoping i won't be disappointed in my purchase. I pre orderd the surface 2, hoping it can meet most of my needs i.e. download music and movies for my 920 (not from xobox music) handling most if not all my web browsing, play some games and do some light productivity (writing some letters etc) *fingers crossd*
    10-02-2013 04:41 PM
    i just hoping i won't be disappointed in my purchase. I pre orderd the surface 2, hoping it can meet most of my needs i.e. download music and movies for my 920 (not from xobox music) handling most if not all my web browsing, play some games and do some light productivity (writing some letters etc) *fingers crossd*
    If you found the price of the Surface 2 acceptable then you won't be disappointed in how you'll be able to use it. (provided that you also ordered a keyboard cover)
    10-02-2013 04:54 PM
    I was really considering a Surface 2 until Dells announcement today. Im gonna have to go with a Venue 8 Pro. Would have really liked a Surface Mini. Damn...
    greynightshirt likes this.
    10-02-2013 06:22 PM
    I'm already a Surface RT owner, and I don't have any need to buy another Surface because:

1) 1080p on a 10.1 Display won't be so noticeable compared to the already good RT 720p Display;
    2) 720p streaming video loads faster with slower internet connection speed, and looks better on 720p display compared to a 1080p one (no upscaling);
    3) I don't need USB 3.0 , the big file transfers happen with my miniSD Card;
    4) With a bit of settings/registry/services tweaking and with Windows 8.1 RT RTM my RT, performance wise, stll flies: apps load up instantly (with 8.1 fast resume), and every single animation, from OS to Apps, is ALWAYS smooth, and Microsoft will keep to optimize drivers and OS even further with GDRs , 8.2 , and so on;
    5) IE11 with TPLs is a rocket even on RT;
    6) Touch/Type Cover 2 work with my RT too;
    7) The 1 way Kickstand is ok for me;
    8) I absolutely prefer the Black Colour instead of Silver;
    9) Surface 2 still has 2GB RAM, still no 3g/LTE, still no stylus;
    10) I'm just already so happy with my RT... :)

Cheers!
    Last edited by P40L0; 10-03-2013 at 04:05 AM.
    WillysJeepMan likes this.
    10-02-2013 06:39 PM
    If you found the price of the Surface 2 acceptable then you won't be disappointed in how you'll be able to use it. (provided that you also ordered a keyboard cover)
    going to pick up a 1st gen cover off ebay in a couple weeks
    10-02-2013 08:24 PM
    going to pick up a 1st gen cover off ebay in a couple weeks
    Im actually trying to decide if i should do this. 120 for new tc, but old Gen on eBay goes for 56. Is it worth upgrading?
    10-02-2013 10:37 PM
    Im actually trying to decide if i should do this. 120 for new tc, but old Gen on eBay goes for 56. Is it worth upgrading?
    well if its a touch cover probably but a type cover thats a toss up
    10-02-2013 11:19 PM
    well if its a touch cover probably but a type cover thats a toss up
    iive been seeing first gen touchcov on ebay for 50ish. I tried the new tc. the sensors are so much more accurate now that it doesn't skip like tc. and im using the orig tc right now and I have to press down really hard to get it working. itsannying. <-- see
    10-03-2013 01:31 AM
    I was really considering a Surface 2 until Dells announcement today. Im gonna have to go with a Venue 8 Pro. Would have really liked a Surface Mini. Damn...
    the DVP is almost perfect. I saw the flat keyboard cover, and it looked cheap. it had no kickstand, but a separate one, so it was rushed and cheap. But for a 299 for a full windows 8 is tempting. Lets just see about the battery life

And doesn't it also have active digitizer ?
    10-03-2013 01:33 AM
    Yes, it does have an active digitizer. I actually have to change my comment from earlier. I found a Surface Pro 128 GB on eBay earlier today for $550 and snapped at the opportunity. I'm losing the new screen, the better kickstand, and the ridiculous battery life, but the active digitizer is huge for me personally, as well as the ability to run some of my Windows apps that aren't in the Windows store yet.
    HeyCori likes this.
    10-03-2013 12:14 PM

I suppose storage is a bit of an issue, but support for Micro SD cards plus the ability to plug in external storage via USB helps quite a bit. Besides, Surface RT more a well-designed device than a great device all around. It's usable (and I use mine regularly) but it is noticeably slow and will even totally hang up or freeze sometimes.

That doesn't happen all the time, but it will happen sometimes. You just get a sense that the internals can't back the potential of Surface
    10-03-2013 03:04 PM
    Undecided, But if I do get one, it will be either the 256 GB or 512 GB.
    10-04-2013 06:06 AM
    So you want the Pro 2 then? Because Surface 2 doesn't go above 64GB.

But as I said above, that is very much expandable via Micro SD and external storage, though obviously those solutions lack some of the convenience of internal storage
    10-04-2013 08:34 AM
    Anyone know the improvements in the type cover? Clearly the Touch cover has been greatly enhanced, but the touch cover seems to be a bit thinner (not a big deal) and have a backlight, but not much else. I'm wondering if it makes sense to just buy a 1st gen Type Cover for a bit cheaper.
    10-04-2013 09:10 AM
    The new type cover is thinner (and therefore the keys have a little less travel) and they are using a different keyswitch which is much quieter than the first version, so the keyboard is apparently nearly silent to type on.

Also it is of course backlit, which is a small change but a big deal for me personally.
    10-04-2013 09:14 AM
    Anyone know the improvements in the type cover? Clearly the Touch cover has been greatly enhanced, but the touch cover seems to be a bit thinner (not a big deal) and have a backlight, but not much else. I'm wondering if it makes sense to just buy a 1st gen Type Cover for a bit cheaper.
    I currently have a TouchCover1, but I'm eager to try a TypeCover2. According the Panay's comments on the Surface 2 press event, the TypeCover2 is now the same thickness as the TouchCover1. What I'm unsure about is whether the Type cover 2 has the same increase in the number of sensors as the Touch cover 2.

We'll hopefully find out when they are released.
    10-04-2013 09:29 AM
    i only see the touch cover as a small upgrade, backlit and more senseitive, not worth me spending $120, much rather spend 30-50 for a first gen of ebay
    10-04-2013 10:25 AM
162 12345 ...